Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Question: ---

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
Thanx for everyone who has replied to this thread (especially smartecosse), in one evening i've learnt so much. If anyone happens to find websites of these places, i'd be appreciative if you posted them. Thanx again...

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
I believe the Maxflow 3000 system can do both...

I think it has an anti-syphon in the tank, and you can buy an adaptor to fill it with CO2. Check with smartparts though.
You also get an annoying backward thread on the bottle to really help you drive everyone nuts.

And yeah - under NO CIRCUMSTANCES put air in a CO2 tank. If you are lucky you will blow a burst disk, if you are unlucky you will have a DIY fragmentation grenade. You might be able to get away with putting CO2 in a dive tank, although if you have one of those you'd be better off using it for air.

BTW, are there any HSE requirements for handling/storing bulk CO2?

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by Sean Diamond
I think we may have confused each other. I want to be able to re fill my 20oz CO2 tank with CO2, which i want to store in a dive tank, so i can play on a big field with some friends, and refill when i need to? Yes or no?
you will also need a set of scales to be safe,fill 20 ounce bottles to 18 ounces to allow for expansion:D

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Also after that you should be properly trained to use the co2 decanter. Not knowing how to use it could get you killed mate. All honesty you have to be trained by a person who is authorised and you also have to show certification from this person to BOC and whoever else. It covers their backs as well so they aint giving explosive material (it can be, let's face it) to someone who don't know how dangerous it is.

just a small warning there mate.

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
well both i and a mate have had CO2 cylinders and neither of us had to show any certificates.

"excuse me, do you have to have any liquid withdrawl 40kg CO2 tanks in stock as i want to lease one or will you have to order it?"

"let me see ur certificate cos u sound like u don't have a clue"

:D

you should find out how to use the equipment properly but no one ever asked me to get a certificate.

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
Apalling, isn't it...

It's just as bad as this whole driving licence thing they've introduced to stop people having fun with cars......

Seriously though, you'll struggle to get a scuba tank filled with air if you don't have a diving qualification - I have no idea what they're like with bulk CO2 but I would have thought reputable places would insist on some certification.
However, once you've seen someone having trouble with a bulk tank you realise that is a GOOD THING - there have been arguments on this board about how much damage you can do with a 20oz CO2 bottle, but no-one would dispute that bulk cylinders have the potential to cause you some real trouble....

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
I'd love a yes or no answer about this. I saw a BOC lorry today with a load of gas canisters on it when i was coming home from school, so there might be some BOC place nearby, i may be completely wrong... :D