The Home Of European Paintball

Robbo

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Manning26
Alright Pete, this is aimed right at you now, did Russian Legion evolve from a Russkie team by the name of Street Fighters? You seem to know more about 'Legion than anyone else here, and you skipped this earlier to throttle TJ further. I was curious if TJ knew also, 'cause TJ used to play NAAPSA events too. Thanks and take care.:)
Hey Manning,
I just noticed by your User Name on the post the 'Pete's son in law' addition, hee hee, that made me laugh for all of a nanosecond until I realised the full enormity of what it meant.
It would mean I would have to have a Yank for a son in law and dude...that ain't happenin !!!!!
You are probably a very nice, respectable young man but if you think you are gonna get within 400 light years of my daughter, you got another thing coming....probably something resembling my right hand...:)
Anyway, to answer your question, I will call Sergei (Capt of Russian Legion) and ask him how many of the Streetfighters (if any) are on the Legion Team and then I will post the answer back up here.
In the meantime, I suggest you look your side of the Atlantic for something resembling a wife.
Laters mann
Robbo

Manning26

Okay, but don't blame me if your daughter never speaks to you again because of all this. Sorta' a Romeo and Juliet thing...okay, so it's nothing like that, anyway...

Thanks for the backround check on the Russians for me. I tell you, those Street Fighter guys were killer. As I already mentioned, they were shooting Angels, back when they were still fairly new, and they also had one female player on the team. The rumor that weekend was that their team was funded by their government, but I find that highly unlikely. That's when they were showing, on the news, the throngs of people standing in line for insanely priced groceries over there. They were all in excellent shape, they were all smiles all weekend, and they knew how to ask for a paintcheck in English. Thanks again, and I suppose I'll go ahead and throw in the towel over your daughter.:( *sniff*

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hmm, I see you have adapted your username thingy accordingly.......Good, do not underestimate the wrath of an overly protective dad. Sh*t, my babygirl is only 4, and I'm already suspicious towards any male person that comes within a 100 yards radius......I'm dreading the time she'll become an (dear god, give me strength) adolescent.

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
How did I miss this

Sorry guys but I am going to whole heartedly agree with Peter on this one
Being a bit of an old timer like Pete and having played both these teams I would say sit down and listen he has it right!!
And as Pete knows I dont usually agree with him but the Turks where an ok team and the year they one mayhem was the only year Preds didnt make the cut
From memory the final 4 was, Turks, Bad Company(uk) an american team that slips my memory and I dont have a clue who the fourth one was
I was there I played the finals, I lost to the Turks on that occasion
Russion Legion I have played them about 6 times and its evens at the moment
They are a far superior side now and would have been then compared to the Turks

:eek:

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
What a good debate. Most teams playing supairball today would piss all over the Turks.Dont get me wrong on their day they were a good team but it would be like putting the Roman army up against Wellingtons and we've moved on a whole lot since then.

Apart from that you would encounter other problems like getting them to an event,sober and some would not even be on this planet !!!.
Ivan was a terrific player as was john boy & keith but any team that included DARREN DOCHERTY:confused: would always be one chipboard short of being an ANGEL:D