Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Round 2 thanks and review thread

The Claw

Sep 4, 2010
Just a note, do you know according to the millennium rules if you call a check in an area that is classed as an obvious hit it is a 1-4-1 penalty. And as that division is aimed to replicate te Millennium we do :)
Was referring to more pack and back shots mainly. Like i said though, the standard of reffing is normally high so its not a major concern.

JNR-XV

www.ratz-paintball.co.uk
May 7, 2007
Basingstoke
www.ratz-paintball.co.uk
We had a great day apart from our form!..

Great site and event as usual Rich, so hats off to you fell!..
The Refs on fields 1 and 2 were brilliant so a huge pat on the backs to thos guys!.

I agree with maybe alternating the time starts with the Race to 2 and Race to 4 divs, and also tend to agree with keeping to the same field as much as possible.

We only had one match on field 1 and the rest were played on 2, however the match we played on F1 seemed to play a little havoc with the scheduling.

However... absolutley no complaints from us.

Cheers Rich a crew!

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i thought the reffing was strict on the elite field but felt it was consistent! which is the main thing, elite = millenium = strict reffing. so i have no complaints there and its consistant, which is good, its not strict in one game and lax in another, i dont really mind if the reffing is strict or lax aslong as it consistant, but i think its better ti mimick the mills rules :)

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
Another great day at CPPS looking forward to the next round already. Some great games for the NPF Academy teams (and a few bad ones :( ) but generally a great day. Good food and drink, good weather and good reffing, what more do you want?

One small gripe though and its nothing to do with Rich or his crew but the players. While watching games on fields 1,2 & 3 I saw 6 different players leaving the fields and shove a fluffy up thier barrel rather than put a barrel sock on, I did comment to one player only to get a mouthfull back. Is it really that difficult to carry a sock as well as a fluffy? I shudder to think how much damage could be done to the game if there were an accident.

Reactions: toecutter and Spike

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Had a blast yesterday, was sketchy at first but we found our feet in the end and had some good games! The site is great, nicely laid out and PROPER food! It felt so good tucking into curry and chips after a days play!

As for the reffing "issues", all I saw yesterday for the most part was refs getting stuck in, and doing a very good job. On the other hand, I saw loads and loads of paintballers lying through their teeth in the vein hope the ref suddenly decides he didnt see what just happened.

Same as its always been, same as it always will be :)

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
a good day despite our terrible form, only real gripe is the reffing on the elite field was appauling at times, we had players getting 1 for 1s whilst calling for paint checks on more than one occassion and had players being pulled out without hits on them on several occasions too. We were playing rubbish so we would most likely have lost anyway but it really put a downer on things when we did make the moves and then got ripped apart by 1 for 1 happy refs. Apart from that the way the event is set up and run is excellent, cheers to rich and all the team

Some great games played on the Elite field yesterday.

Sorry that we were gash, we're working on it!

I'll echo what a few have said regarding the reffing. On the elite field there were a few too many unneccesarry 1-4-1 occurrences. I witnessed 1-4-1s on both ourselves and other teams for players sat asking for paintchecks. Many teams felt that the refs were too keen to be ripping players off the field. Generally the refs do a great job but a little more leniency at times would be great.

CPPS still looking strong.
Really?

damocarlisle

Impulse
May 28, 2008
Carlisle
It was my first trip down to CPPS on Sunday where a few of us were guesting for another team.

Truely amazed at the amount of teams present and the quality..

That said trying to get a table to pit from was totally a nightmare and communication regarding the start of the conference division was very poor, well over two hours delay starting. Well done to the refs though for turning games around quickly when it did start.

Slight moan about a certain team using two or three Entity players to win games in the conference division and openly laughing and boasting about beating teams in under 30secs. Come on supposed to be a division for young teams to progress.

Overall impression though was good:D

Africa-Fusion

Aberdeen Fusion
Aug 5, 2008
Awell where do i start...

After leaving from Aberdeen, Scotland @ around 1:30pm through torrential rain storms and thunder and lightening, stopping at services and getting our "Rental" car Keyed and 1 of our tires slashed, having to replace it in the rain, getting to the site at around 10pm, having to set up the tents, in the pouring rain with only the lights from the headlamps of the car, and then strolling over to the tent, and rich saying.... Hey, nice of you to be here :) and handing me a can of carling... just made my day.

The morning after.. Just a massive thanks to all the teams that we played, and a Huge thanks to Wayne for playing for us & the temper boys for accommodating us in the afternoon :) and most of all a HUGE, HUGE, thanks to the refs on the M5 championship fields in the morning... spot on... even when our very own frenchy started his own revolution (Sorry Team Rampage :S)

Cya all at round 3 !!!!

I would like to echo what Philby said.
Apart from some absolute tool keying our rental car and slashing the tyre I think it was possibly one of the best weekends I've had in ages. Just a side note, Europcar hire were great and everything is sorted there. So all good on that front.
As far as the tournament is concerned, what can I say. Long live CPPS. Rich you got something great going there and please keep up the great work. I would also like to thank all the refs on the day especially on fileds 4 and 5, as those were the only fields we played on. :)
I felt the reffing was consistant and pretty good. Deffo a big improvement from round 1. ;)

Bermingham Temper you guys were great and thank you Wayne.

The weather held out nicely also which makes a big differance.

Two things though, Rich if it's at all possible, would you be able to designate areas for each team? As a post or two before mine have mentioned, teams that got there early kinda took up a lot of room and other teams (not us.) struggled to find a pit.
I know organising/hosting a event like this is a major undertaking and the logistics a nightmare, so if you are able to look into that, it would be great.
Also, there is a fair amount of noise and things going on so refs are not easily heard when they call out team names to go play on a certain field, a possible solution would be a tannoy system for the refs so they can for example call team A and team Z to field 2.
This is just something minor and not really a big issue but it might make things run a little smoother.

Food was really good, thank you to all the folks that had a part to play in that.

Oh by the way if and when it rains like that again, I'm not even gonna bother pitching a tent in the camping area, I'm just gonna take my sleeping bag into the big tent and find a corner to pass out in. hehe.

Thanks again to everyone.

Mudafunka

Apr 26, 2008
South Wales
Staging area and time between games would be my only complaint. Keep it up Rich and Co. Cheer's again to all the team's we played:cool: