Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

RYAN AIR_vs_Markers

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
I agree with Colin here.

Of all the airlines I have flown with, there has never been anything in their policies that say Paintball equipment is not allowed in the holdall. Most in fact do allow sporting firearms along as any necessary paperwork is accompanied. Now we don't have to register our markers so thats exempt, the only thing I could possibly think of is the Bottle test certificate if you've had your air systems retested, but they'd have to be pretty clued up for that!

Now the fact that Ryan Air has sent one email, unless they update their policies on the website / and or confirmation email they have no right to confiscate the equipment.

I would say, check in your baggage as normal, don't say anything and if it goes missing then claim it on your insurance. But make sure your insurance company cover your equipment first! :D

The other thing as well is I think our equipment is often held up in X-Ray and forwarded on a later flight, in Toulouse last year I flew out on a late flight - when I arrived there was something in the region of 20 Planet bags sat outside the Lost Luggage offices (Unmanned and not locked but thats another issue!).

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Sounds pretty simple to me.
1) Unscrew bottle.
2) Detach air system
3) Unscrew barrel
4) Detach trigger frame
5) Leave PGI mag inside
6) Send it through as non-hand luggage
7) KEEP you mouth shut, unless asked. And even then be professional about it, dont show in public and so on and so fourth.

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Originally posted by FrontLine
Sounds pretty simple to me.
1) Unscrew bottle.
2) Detach air system
3) Unscrew barrel
4) Detach trigger frame
5) Leave PGI mag inside
6) Send it through as non-hand luggage
7) KEEP you mouth shut, unless asked. And even then be professional about it, dont show in public and so on and so fourth.
I think point #7 says it all, don't say anything unless asked and if you are don't start flashing your kit like a gun :eek:

gotp8nt

Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
Stansted was never a problem for me, it was always flying out of Palermo. These fools here have never even heard of the sport. Combine that with the language barrier, a definite nightmare. But as it was said before, all security did was just make sure that my bottle was empty...

trummar

Yeah Baby!!
Sep 26, 2003
Visit site
New York to Oslo

Flying to and from the US is no problem. I bought my system in the US and brought it back to Oslo. I had no problem in NY - I just had to make sure that the bottle was unscrewed from the marker. I didn't have to disassemble the frame or anything. I called both the airline in NY and in Oslo. As lons as there is no pressure in the bottle and there is no possibillity to a pressure buildup (due to low pressure in the storage in the plane), then it's ok.

My problem was getting it through customs at Oslo Airport. They scanned the bag and saw a 45 frame (the eblade) and they triggered (no pun intended) on that immediately. They simple didn't know what it was. But after a little show and tell - it was ok.

Fun part is that they didn't pay attention to they fact that I had bought goods for over $1400... :)

T.

Gudmann

huh ?
Markers are subject to firearms control in Iceland, so we have to obtain a temporary export permit to be able to bring the markers back.

And we have to have the papers stamped by customs when exiting and again when coming home. No problems really, people go abroad on sharp shooting competitions all the time so this is nothing new to the customs people...but an Angel Speed and an Evo-X gathered all the customs guys round for a look and held up the red gate at customs blocked for almost 15 minutes :-D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I flown more times than The Red Baron and the best policy is to keep your gob shut and put a PGI on top of yer marker.
Always worked for me.
I know people have already said as much, I am just sticking me nose to give you an example of this policy actually working.

See everybody in spain.

As far as im concerned this changes nothing. It sounds suspiciously like they assumed that you wanted to take the marekrs in the cabin (i can understand them getting a bit antsy about this!!) but anything in the hold that isnt explosive or pressusised is fine since it cant be accessed during the flight and therefore would pose no security threat. I can speak to a police firearms officer that works at Heathrow (off the record) and see what he says, but i supsect it may be the same advice as most of the others.

CAMPBELL

Killing for the Lucky15's
Aug 28, 2003
NUNEATON
Visit site
just a thought if we cant take them on the plane can we not just send them to the site by fed ex or something that way the airline doesent know whats in it fed ex dosent it looks to thwm just like another package and ofcourse tell the site 1st and CLEARLEY label it with your name and your team

just a thought

campbell