Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

shooting out the left with your right hand

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
the thing ive seen that works well is put ure left hand on ure rail and shoot with ure right still while its on ure left side. ive seen quite a few pros shoot down the tape like that especially when in the snake. however i would learn to shoot left handed, its tighter really . you dont have to stick ure elbow out as far.

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
its simple really why the reason to shoot with your left out of your left side and right out of the right get a ruler if you have to but its pretty much proven physics that if you hanging out your left or right with the opposing hand you will be showing more of a target to your enemy doesnt matter how you place your body its pretty much fact ive even experimented on team mates
plus it helps your body by not putting it in stressed conditions
-si-

obviously people will beg to differ but my theory to it

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
Not being an expert on the subject but.....

Try and pull of a snapshot doing the left shoulder, walk trigger with your right hand thingy.

In the words of E6 - no no no no no.

Use both hands correctly. Allows a well balanced stance, tight profile, good snapshot, plus running and gunning can be done easily, shooting accross your boby is a lot easier than shooting away from it, ie, running down left tape, shooting in field (at quite a flat angle), you use left hand, shooting accross body.

If the argument of "i can shoot faster using my right hand" is used, simple - train walking your gun with the left hand.

If the argument of some top pros do the left shoulder right hand to shoot with thing - I bet the vast majority of pros use both hands correctly, while the others that dont probally have additional skills in their repitour (sp?) that allow them to stay at the top of the sport (as with all of them).

Also, if you happen to break one of your hands, you can still play ball if you can use both anyway.... wooooooooo!!!!!!!

;)

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
i can only promise there is no more profile, infact when i hold the marker both different ways the marker stays in exactly the same position, anymore profile given by the front hand being on the outside of the reg is the same profile as the rear hand would be on the gripframe anyway. i dont understand where people think this extra profile is coming from. im pretty sure there is less if anything because you dont have the left arm coming round/under the bottle to deal with.

Originally posted by HPUKer

Try and pull of a snapshot doing the left shoulder, walk trigger with your right hand thingy.

it just doesnt feel natural to you, i can snapshoot left in this way very well because it does feel natural to me. the debate shouldnt be who prefers what cus you could go on like that forever, its which type is more practical in general not taking into account whether you like it personaly or not.

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
There isnt much extra profile indeed.

But try to do some fundimental skills such as:

Snap shooting
Gun and Running on a certrain side of you

And you need to be able to use that left hand

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Ages ago, maybe two years ago, I went to train with a team, & their method of shooting left handed was to keep pulling the trigger with the right hand, but to bring the left hand around, and grip the foregrip from the other side

actually thinking about it now, if you tripped & fell while doing this you may well break your wrist...better just do it the right way eh ;)

!!! :rolleyes:

reminded by this by a sig I've been seeing lately 'cool as ice' if someone could find it out for me that would be great ;)

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
yeh i've seen that before, maybe the tention in the wrist working on the reg and trigger gaurd gives a bit more stability or something, must be a bit fiddly getting your hand in there at speed tho :p

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by HPUKer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it just doesnt feel natural to you, i can snapshoot left in this way very well because it does feel natural to me. the debate shouldnt be who prefers what cus you could go on like that forever, its which type is more practical in general not taking into account whether you like it personaly or not.
Of course it is not a case of how comfortable it is. It is most definately a case of how effective the result of performing that skill is. i.e. what is better, doing it cack handed, or doing it properly ;) :p

If we take - for example the "nexus snapshot" where by the accurate shot is achieved by the preperation and execution of the technique itself, allowing the user to focus on their speed, giving a very fast shot, which is very accurate. = a good skill to have

This technique does not allow for the left sholder/right hand shooting (to my knowledge), other techniques may, but this one for example doesnt, and this is meant to be a good way of pulling off a snapshot, if not the best technique.

So say *hypothetically* that it gives the best result when doing a snapshot, surely this means that we can ignore all other techniques and just use this one? Which means, you have to learn to use your off hand properly.

booyah

;)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Originally posted by ollgeeze
yeh i've seen that before, maybe the tention in the wrist working on the reg and trigger gaurd gives a bit more stability or something, must be a bit fiddly getting your hand in there at speed tho :p

NO. NO. NO.
Less stability, less accuracy, crap
and on most markers now you can't even do it because of the macroline eg shockers etc

It's really bad is the point I was making :confused: