Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Simply The Best Elsham, lives up to it's name...

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Kewl tourney Bully.

Big props to my man Manike for the mention. God dam your one big motha!

With the final game, if the time runs out the teams should have 10 mins to restart the game. Anyone not back at the break point doesn't play and just go like that till someone wins. Would probably cost a bit in paint but the spectators would love it.

On the same note, something does need to be done with those sort of finals. It's kewl to get down to just two teams and all, but all one of the teams ever does is shoot one of the bad guys and then sit and lock the field. Now that always makes for the most boring end to the tourney. Even in the semis teams just score some easy points then sit and wait. I thought paintball was supposed to be extreme not extremely boring. Someone’s gota have an idea to make people push in the finals? Maybe something more like the Millennium system? Hell I don't know, just something different!

Later dudes

"Make em keep playing!"

I have to agree with Flash on this one (though I think that's becuase we discussed it at the time. I think it woudl be great to see players having to risk making a break for it (never seen a player run from a paintball like on Sunday, man that was funny!).

The flaw I can see in this idea is that teams will take more and more paint to the final game, on the grounds it will be the team with the most paint that stands the best chance (introduce hopper ball!). Maybe after 10 minutes the game should be reset, with all concerned having a hopper full and no more, then play to the flag.

That sounds a bit potracted, and just leaving the teams in to get on with it, does have a certain elagance. It probably has loads of downsides, but it was my gut reaction.

Anyways, it was an awesome day!

And Finally, HUUUGE thanks to Richard from DUPS for playing for us!!! Cheers mate, it was greatly appreciated!! Even if you do look like a strong gust of wind would snap you.....
Always a pleasure. Hey! I prefer to think of myself as lean and mean...

Richard

P.s. my mum loved paintball! She even paid my paint bill (the three of us spent £185 on the day)!

Adoption, the other way of getting sponsorship...

Hmmm,

I don't think she needs any more children now ("unless they were girls!") and I think that lager drinking is not an important skill for a prospective son (or toy boy...). Nice try, but I fear that the sponsorship won't run to my paint bill at tournaments :( ah well back to the super-market for me (maybe I can get the Draxus guy to adopt me.

Mind you if you can cook, we might find a use for you

Richard

P.s. my new avatar is her best bruise from Wednesday!

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
How's about if the game runs out of time it's down to who had the most players the further up field...

You get 10 points for a player on the 10% line... and 50 for a guy in the middle of the field. Then tally up the points to get a winner...

I expect as time got close people would try and move up field... and thus time wouldn't be an issue, as they would either shoot people out or get shot out :)

Hey Latham...

Big props to my man Manike for the mention. God dam your one big motha!
Were you watching me in the bushes? :eek: :)

Oh and I was playing up front a lot of the time for JP's guests. It was like my early days in paintball and I had such fun it was unreal. Helped to be playing with a great team of people :)

I forgot to really thank John Payne and Bully in my first thread, so I'll do that know :) I'm itching to get back on the field again now!

manike

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
STB event

This event was one of the best, i have been to.
The atmoshpere was great, trade stands, food, good weather and paintball!! What more could you want.

Just one thing, I come from the North of England. If i have to travel 2+hours South, then that must put the location, at the top of the Midlands.
How about setting one near Newcastle. Thats the NORTH.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
How about setting one near Newcastle
I am not sure thats a good idea. Imagine a tourney run by Geordies!!!! Heh, whats next, a Tourney run by a scottishman :eek:

Only kidding guys, I am part Scottish by the way. Gary, if you check Bully's website www.series2002.co.uk you will see that the October leg of the series is near Bishop Auckland! Is that far enough north for you, or do you have a very big flat garden we could use????

I can't wait. Waking up at 7am instead of 4! It's gonna be heaven, and I am so easily pleased :D

styles mugger

Dum...dum.....DUMMMM!!!
Jan 14, 2002
In my head, NOOOOO!!!!!!!
Visit site
Hi people,i have pictures of Dye hard/er? (paul&ste etc),Cameronians,RDX,Mad dog,Stoney,& a few people from the two day event.
So for who eva it concerns if u want them give me ur emails or wot ever i'll try & make sure u get um.Just past us a few quid nxt time i see u:) .

Pls If any1 is popping in to planet,cud u tell little neil that i had more pictures of the walk on day as promised.Thanks.
:)