Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So why pump?

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
I'm looking to broaden my paintball game, I've never played pump and my understanding of it is... well non existent. I guess i don't really understand why? And as there is no place near me that does Pump i cant just go down and give it a go.. Could people shred some light on pump paintball for me? Much appreciated.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
For me its just a great amount of fun and that's playing against guys with electro and semi markers too. And its good fun when you come up against another pump player! Its also a good way to force yourself to conserve paint if you are playing on a budget

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Yep, most have the rear ward motion of the pump handle arming the mechanism and the forward stroke loading the ball into the barrel.

Reactions: Ballantin

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Pump is fun. There's no greater feeling than outshooting someone playing semi-auto. Liam makes a good point about cost too. You can easily play all day on a single bag, usually less if you're careful.

It'll also force you to pick your shots and to think about the moves that you make. Can't recommend it enough!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
With Pump markers you need to "arm" the marker before each shoot, right?
You don't have to

If you are a paint sprayer you can pull the trigger and keep on pulling swinging the gun around, draw the line of paint towards your target
You could do the same with a pump. The difference is the amount of paint in the air and the gaps betwen each ball

You can deny a lane in speedball by constantly shooting paint, you could almost do the same with a pump - you could actually gain an elimination because someone becomes brave enough to chance it through the gap

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
So wait?! This might sound really blonde..... but.. you dont have Pump days as such?! Like you walk on with a pump?!
There may be a pump day, but there is a smaller number of pump players (growing though)
If there are a few around an area a site may do pump games, or you often get a pump/pistol/magfed as an aside to main games, eg on a weekend event

Most pump players will just go out in a normal game with their pump
It puts the pump player to a disadvantage on a firepower basis
But gives them fun in exchange

The pump player could be 'more skilled', eg playing against punters, or wanting to disadvantage themselves to improve

It only takes one shot to eliminate. It is more satisfying to have an elimination in a couple of shots as opposed to a hopper load
But the odds are against you if you are the only pump player

Paintball is meant to be fun. Play how you like and try many methods

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
@tommikka I was going to invest in a Pistol to put me at a disadvantage, but this....... this sounds like a real challenge.

Need to find me a cheap and cheery Pump I thinks :')