Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Solid balls in the UK....

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
I tend to agree with the last post but one made here and I understood what you were trying to say in the very first post too ;) however training balls are one thing and Rufus T balls (not those silly velcro ones) are very close to the sort you are talking about, but take a look at the current PGI, pages 11-12...two versions and one is for shooting at people...I'm sorry I won't be playing with these any time soon as a solid ball will always bounce so I will be covered in welts, ok I can take a welt but knowing that every time it hits you it WILL hurt is not my idea of fun, plus there are the high chances of equipment damage from a solid ball, imagine your hopper or nice shiney E-blade after such an impact. The quotes on the ad make for some funny reading if you take into account what I have just said. I believe that this will cause more than one raised eyebrow in totally the wrong direction and personally feel that regardless of the money for which ads generate that PGI is somewhat in the wrong to run this advert.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Okey Dokey........... here ya go. Anyone care to fire one and be a test case? And respect to the home office for a rapid response :)

7th Floor, 50 Queen Anne's Gate, London SW1H 9AT
Telephone: 0870 000 1585 Fax: 020 7273 2065 Textphone: 020 7273 3476
E-mail: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk Web Site: www.homeoffice.gov.uk

IaanBurke@aol.com
Mr Iaan Burke

Reference: T7624/4

Dear Mr Burke,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 4 March about the legality or otherwise of using rubber rounds in a paint-ball gun.

By virtue of section 48 of the 1997 Act, firearms using compressed carbon dioxide as the power source are treated as air weapons and, if not regarded as “specially dangerous” are exempt from the firearm certificate procedure. The majority of guns powered by carbon dioxide which discharge paint pellets are unlikely to cause serious injury, were not designed as weapons and are not therefore considered to be firearms. The use of rubber rounds in a paint ball gun is another matter and raises the issue of lethality.

The definitive caselaw in this area is Moore v Gooderam (1960) in which it was held that the lowest muzzle energy at which an air weapon could inflict a penetrating (lethal) injury was about one foot pound. Thus, according to Moore v Gooderam, an air weapon becomes a firearm subject to the control of the Firearms Act 1968 if it is capable of discharging a missile at a muzzle energy of or greater than one foot pound. At muzzle energies less than that, an air weapon would probably be held not to be a firearm. To be on the safe side, the Forensic Science Service advice is that the limiting muzzle energy should be considered to be one joule.

Ultimately, it would be for the courts to decide whether a paint ball gun using a rubber round is a firearm subject to the control of the Firearms Act 1968.

Yours sincerely

Sandra Stowe
Firearms Section

so who's first then?

alvaro

Jul 17, 2001
portugal and poland
Visit site
REBALLS

Hi, everyone

My name is Alvaro, and i am one of the creator of the Reball(advertise PGI this month)
i have been reading some of those post and i decided to answer some of the most basic questions that return to me 90% of the time.

concerning the reball rental (soft ball):
caracteristics
i wont publish the secret formula and weight.
shoots straight at 220-230 fps.
temperature have no influence.

- can i shoot at players?
yes

- does it hurt?
it hurts less or equal as a paintball. we have been playing over 300 5 man games in our test teams,
and believe me if it was hurting them, they won´t be practicing everyday 2 days , 4 hours per day.

- can i use them for my customers at my indoor site?
yes, the customers received unlimited reballs, they just pay time play.

- does it leave bruises?
it is like a paintball sometimes yes, sometimes no.

- what happen if it hits the mask?
it bounces, the lenses are made to resist to a MUCH higher force. it won´t break at any circonstances.

- people will cheat?
80% of rental customers go out the field when they feel the impact of a normal paintball, they do not even
check if it broke. the rest cheats. well, with the reball it is the same.
it is product that has been tested during the last year, so we have tried everything.

- what happen if i raise the velocity over 220 fps or even 300 fps or over ?
do not play. the ball will behave like a paintball in the rain, and will loose fastly his speed force, but will leave a bruise
if it fired at point blank.

- can i bunker someone?
yes, our test teams do it every game and no complains or problems and they do it all the time.

- what happen if i shoot a gun or a loader?
it bounce and will not damage anything. i repeat our test teams are using it and they won´t afford new loader if it was breaking them.

- how long does it takes to collect the balls on the floor?
15 minutes for 20 000 balls with 10 players and the proper equipment (air blower and bags), we are trying to improve to 10 minutes, with less people and more equipement to collect. there is quicker method but it is difficult to explain.

- what happen to a sup air ball when it gets shoots?
it bounces

- what improvements my team will have if we are using it?
team coordination , team practice and experience play and very low cost playing.

- what teams are using it?
some euro pro teams have test it, and they have strongly approve and have ask for immediate sponsorship. but our test teams are local novice teams, and believe me they fastly approve it. the first word is "this is THE revolution", that why we use it in our advertise.
our teams are fastly improving their playing abilities. basically, after 6 months of use a regular amateur A team, can play pro and be a strong opponent.

- how much time can i reuse the same ball?
the same ball can be fired over 5000 times.

- cost per ball ?
about 7 times more than a paintball, basically you receive your investment back after playing 7 times with the same ball.
it only depends of your frequence of playing, can be 7 hours or 7 days or 7 weeks.

but i repeat, the purpose of this ball is for rental indoors, but can be use for team practice to improve certain skills.

now the reball target (hard ball)
caracteristics: shoots straight and accurate at 300 fps and over.
do not shoot at people at any circonstances.
it will not kill but will hurt very much. goggles resist without any problems but do not shoot at people.
it is made for target shooting only,

- can it be ban in some countries (like UK)?
yes, it is possible but the world is not UK only , do not forget that it only depends what kind of use you are giving to those reball target.
you can buy a kitchen knife everywhere and kill your neighbour but the purpose of the knife was for a normal use.
we took a insurance through a big insurance company to avoid law suit for wrong use of product like shooting at people or animals.

- what kind of exercise can i do?
any snapshooting drills, run and shoot....
in every box of reball target, will come a small book with all the secrets exercises of the best players in the world ( fred halmone, robbo, magued idris, oli lang, max lundquist....)

- are the pros using it?
Yes, they are and they are very happy, because most of the practice of the pros players are about 80% on their own and 20 % team practice.
we ask those questions to most of the pro teams (joy division, tontons....)

it is a very serious improvements for a player that wants to compete at high level, low cost practice.

- Will it hurt the paint industry?
no, players still use paintballs to play. they just can practice everyday.

- who is behind the reball company?
pro players from ugly ducklings, joy division and me. it is an european product made in europe. we have beenn
testing it since 2 years and made strong improvements to make it perfect and affordable.
it is by far the best reusable ball in the market. we have check all the others products(v balls, t balls...)
and this one is the best, no doubt.

once again, if you do not want to use it, then don´t use it.
if a team wants to improve his skills and are serious about the game and can not afford to buy high quantities of paint , then they should use it.

alvaro

alvaro

Jul 17, 2001
portugal and poland
Visit site
yes, it means that the use in UK , it is forbidden.
importing and selling in UK is possible, the use of it is forbidden.
This product was mainly designed for the US market (90% of paintballs products sold worldwide), europe represents 8% and the rest 2%.

alvaro