Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

solution to thefts....planet peeps you can help

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004

On "judge dredd" the movie their handguns would zap the persons hand if fingerprint did not match the gun, that would solve gun theft

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Raffles said:
FFS - how many more times? It's your stuff - you take care of it. You want a locker - go buy one! You want a pitbull - go marry one! Tom even spelled it out for you all TWICE!

It is not anyone else's job to take care of your stuff - so why expect them to? Site owners/organisers/marshalls/officials are not there to wet-nurse you - they are they to make sure you stick to their rules - and as stealing another persons marker is not one of their rules - then you are not breaking of any their rules (you get the gist yet?).

Let's get back to reality and stop all this silly talk of pin numbers and thumb prints. R & D alone will put marker costs up considerably.

There is only one real theft prevention - common sense - use it!

*4p* (inflation and Matts wage bill ;)).

took the words out of my mouth matey ...enough threads about this

smudge1989

Smudge - Destiny
Apr 1, 2006
Winterton
pbdealers.tripod.com
Jus had to get this last post in.

If you do think of some sort of pin code device to lock your gun, it aint gona stop anyone knicking your gun, the thief wud nick it, get home n find it doesnt work, n sell it or bin it, by which point uve stil lost ur gun.

If that makes sense.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
How about....

A motion detector coupled with a proximity sensor.

Motion sensor is similar to the motorbike alarms that are triggered by movement. This sits on top of your kit in your kit bag, make it visible and yellow and rugged.

Couple that with some kind of wristband that has a proximity sensor within it, perhaps a coded radio signal, I dunno.

That way if you are within say 5ft of the bag the alarm is disabled so you can pot up, get hex keys, spares etc. If you go off to a game the alarm will automatically re-activate so nefarious types will at least have some alarm going off should they disturb your gear.

If your mate wants to get in your bag just slip him the band or whatever it is.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Beaker's right - it's gotta be an alarm or some way of physically locking the kit down. A lot of marker theft is by pikeys who have no idea what they're taking, just that it's shiny. They won't know it can't be used without the right PIN, and don't care as long as they've got their 50 notes for it before the punter they've sold it to finds out.

The best option is to lock it in the car along with a big slavering dog.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Beaker said:
How about....

Motion sensor is similar to the motorbike alarms that are triggered by movement. This sits on top of your kit in your kit bag, make it visible and yellow and rugged.

Couple that with some kind of wristband that has a proximity sensor within it, perhaps a coded radio signal, I dunno.

That way if you are within say 5ft of the bag the alarm is disabled so you can pot up, get hex keys, spares etc. If you go off to a game the alarm will automatically re-activate so nefarious types will at least have some alarm going off should they disturb your gear.

If your mate wants to get in your bag just slip him the band or whatever it is.

Sounds a good idea, how much :p

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Rabies said:
A lot of marker theft is by pikeys who have no idea what they're taking, just that it's shiny.
Can you prove this as fact? im far more inclined to say its paintballers tbh.

man its bloody early in the morning. God bless night time working eh?

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
Beaker said:
How about....

That is then connected to a turret mounted chain gun! Using some good computer jiggery-pokery you could make sure that all players have wrist bands, players who shouldn't be near your kit get a verbal warning then a warning shot, non players get a verbal warning then 20 large caliber round plunged into their chests.

It's the only sensible way to stop thefts!

But seriously, RFID tags are the future ;)

Skeet

Platinum Member
K.I.S.S

The remote transponder key thing is a reasonable idea, come mountable alarm, you could have them on your wrist or anything really...the chips are small enough...look at Proximity access cards..work on a similar principle.

But, my initial response still stands... K.I.S.S.

Oh, and a mobile telephony "Cell", is I think, the area intersected by 3 transmitter radii, so if you have 3 transmitters, near to each other, each with a 50 mile radius, they will find the phone with one, then use the other two transmitters, that overlap, to locate a small area where the phone is.

You can actually, pay a subscription, to be able to locate a phone, within a small area.
It's designed for parents to monitor their kids "suposed" location, and sends you back a text with a picture of roughly where they are.

How about a quick connect, over the shoulder strap, you can clip onto your gat, so you can sling it on your back, quickly and easily, so you dont NEED to leave it laying around?