Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sponsorship

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
Hi Guys,

Was at Koth last weekend and there was a team (name I will not disclose but it will be fairly obvious by the time this thread has finished), and they were sponsored by invert.

I was speaking to one of their lads and he said he gets everything for free (debatable, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt) including his invert mini.

The reason for my post is, I was disgusted to see them shooting ego05's and PMR's during their games, as if I was paid, given an item to use while playing in an effort of good will, I would ensure I am always shooting their products. I know I had a mini sitting in my gear bag the whole day they could have used (they never even bothered asking around) if one of their guns had gone down.

When I had a look at their minis over the crono and shooting range they were spot on, no problems I could see, the fact is they were just losing games they shouldnt have and decided to blame their guns.

I am pretty sure their will be evidence of this as paintballpictures was there all day and enough people saw them using them, I am just wondering whether it is worth approaching anyone, the team, or is this something that happens all the time?

Jett

kent_Massive

Banned
Jun 4, 2009
i will vouch for this as i asked a lad from invert arnt you ment to be shooting minis he replied "yes, but we hate them so we dont" he then said "we get all our stuff for free anyway" and then a older team mate Collered him in the tent and told him him " Dont tell anyone You idiot , just shut up"

There were people all day who saw this sponsership being broken

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
They should be dropped immediately (if they are really sponsored - which seems unlikely) and reversed over by a Dodge 4X4. At the minimum.

You can count on one disfigured hand the number of UK teams worthy of some form of sponsorship.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Guys,

First off you both have a point if a team is SPONSORED or given free gear then yes they should use that equipemnt and if they don't then they do not deserve the sponsorship.

However sponsorship is a word that gets used a hell of a lot when in fact they may get a good price on the equipment but saying they are sponsored sounds better and boosts there already inflated ego's (excuse the pun).

So unless you know all the facts and I do mean ALL the facts it is hard to say what is really true.
So until you have all the facts be very careful what you write.

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
Maybe you should just worry about what your doing. This is a KOTH team, that is sponsored by the council, as a youth program, i doubt the council care what guns they shoot and i doubt kee gave them the kit for free.

I saw a guy in my office come in 10 mins late this morning would you like me to pm you his bosses email address so you can tell tails on him too?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
They should be dropped immediately (if they are really sponsored - which seems unlikely) and reversed over by a Dodge 4X4. At the minimum.

You can count on one disfigured hand the number of UK teams worthy of some form of sponsorship.
Ahh.... the Beadle teams.