Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sponsorship???

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
yaaaaaaaaaaaarp

Whatever you do, don't paste a link to your Facebook page.

You'd be opening yourself up to all sorts of stalkers.

:)
amen to that brother. i'm gonna duck out of this thread now. good luck on getting stuff at discount and forming a team on a shoestring budget. our team is finding it hard already but for our great support.

gemando

Nov 9, 2009
University of Birmingham
A bunch of perverts spring to mind :D..

At what level and tourney events are you planning to play ??

And telling them or linking them to your FB page isn't going to get you a load of perverts, you have the right to accept or decline invites, just means they get to perve at you profile picture..

So Link Please.... :p
Pretty low level probs! we have a few newbies in the team, including myself! We're planning to play CPPS. Not sure what else yet.

Haha true. hmm i'll think about it. not sure what my privacy settings are. Maybe if you convince me you'll be a useful contact... :p

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Pretty low level probs! we have a few newbies in the team, including myself! We're planning to play CPPS. Not sure what else yet.

Haha true. hmm i'll think about it. not sure what my privacy settings are. Maybe if you convince me you'll be a useful contact... :p
Hmmmm, Didn't i see LiPs offer you some support somewhere on here ?

I know of a few uni teams that have the backing of there Uni to play local events, i think they even pay their tourney fees and a few other things.

Im guessing this doesn't go for you guys at all ?

Paintball in what ever format is by no means a cheap sport for a fully employed person let alone a student, we have had alot of backing for our first year in NSPL and every little has helped.

I would still say that it still ends up costing us on average £150 a month on paint, entry fees and training once a month..

What you should be doing is making a CV up of what your team plans to do this year, this goes along way in the eyes of any potential Sponsor/Supporter.

They can look and get an understanding if you are a team that is commited to giving it your all or just a team that is just looking to get a free ride..

There are many posts on here giving you great information, use them wisely as there is alot of years behind many of the guys that have posted.. :)

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
nice

I know of a few uni teams that have the backing of there Uni to play local events, i think they even pay their tourney fees and a few other things.

Paintball in what ever format is by no means a cheap sport for a fully employed person let alone a student, we have had alot of backing for our first year in NSPL and every little has helped.

I would still say that it still ends up costing us on average £150 a month on paint, entry fees and training once a month..

What you should be doing is making a CV up of what your team plans to do this year, this goes along way in the eyes of any potential Sponsor/Supporter.

They can look and get an understanding if you are a team that is commited to giving it your all or just a team that is just looking to get a free ride..

There are many posts on here giving you great information, use them wisely as there is alot of years behind many of the guys that have posted.. :)
i think i want a picture of you as well karl, your my hero. lol

good informative post my friend

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
if you want advice about uni matters, i can help a little, after playing for the uni team last year, dont hesistate to drop me a pm, my captain nathan (shadowops666 on here) or devrijj would be even more useful probably....

gemando

Nov 9, 2009
University of Birmingham

Yeah they did, I phoned them today and Im sorting out a CV for our team atm.

Yeah our uni isnt helping much. We can only claim money for transport fees. We've managed to get money to cover new markers, but that was a bit of a struggle I believe. Its only cause we swung it in the direction of it looks bad for the uni when we get laughed at for using 05 ions (the ones that were discontinued). Id love it if the uni played our tourny fees but they dont want to seem to get involved. I cant remember if I mentioned it on here or in a PM to someone, but they wont let us use any of their logos (the uni one or the sports one) in case we misrepresent them or something.

*mini uni rant over*

Yeah, for me personally £150 is okay for the moment (plus I play recball at least once a month on top of that.. so thats an extra £30 - 40 quid!), but its things like team equipment that we'd ideally like the uni to help fund. And theyre starting to get annoying about transport like wanting us to print off google maps of our route etc to check we're claiming back the right amount of petrol money. Although I have most of my own kit anyway. Lol im a poor student really! *shifty eyes*

Yeah I printed off all the good info etc and Ive gone through and looked at whats worthwhile doing at the moment.

Cheers for the advice :D

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
It is Birmingham Uni you go to? (without looking back over the thread to check)
Birmingham Uni used to have a team, run by Steve Hancock. Ed Hobday used to play for them, he is lurking around here occasionally.

Anyway, the uni never used to have a prob with having a team representing them, and this was back in 2005 I think. They used to play the PA, and were pretty good.

gemando

Nov 9, 2009
University of Birmingham
It is Birmingham Uni you go to? (without looking back over the thread to check)
Birmingham Uni used to have a team, run by Steve Hancock. Ed Hobday used to play for them, he is lurking around here occasionally.

Anyway, the uni never used to have a prob with having a team representing them, and this was back in 2005 I think. They used to play the PA, and were pretty good.
Yeah its brum. Yup, I know steve and Ive heard of Ed.

Yeah. For some reason they dont want us to put their logo on. I might talk to steve about it actually next time I see him.