Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stargate Scenario versus Airsofters...

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
yeah, only way i could see it working , is with mixed teams.

thundercat, count me in as long as a can catch a lift with someone to wherever its gonna be held:) .

pc, yes that was me that shot you in the back on the walk-on.
sorry:( :D

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
I had some ideas about Mixed teams involving Jaffa planting snakes in SGC peoples heads or SGC people converting Jaffa to the resistance, or just having resistance Jaffa already with them..

Depends on the scenario and stuff.

Do you think we could get a couple of Airsofters and 1 other Pballer together as a group to work out the details of this scenario? Say on the 14th September? That should give us plenty of time to find a site and get some ideas worked out so when we meet we can try out shooting each other to see which rules we need to use to make it a fun and fair game.

It would be really helpful if we could get an idea of the number of people interested in playing in this. How about we say it will be sometime around Mid-October (Will that be too cold?) probably the 12th or 19th...

BLC

Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
Cut it out, ThunderCat... I get two email notifiers for 2 threads in 2 forums that have more or less the same post in each of them :p

You're filling up my mailbox with rubbish! ;)

Heh, j/k..... All sounds good to me so far tho

BLC

Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
Ok, JoseDomiguez just pointed out a few problems we could have...

Are the majority of air soft guns plastic bodied? 'cos that would definately be an issue in pb vs as.......... a paintball can shatter rigid plastic and will go straight through softer stuff. We've all had it happen to hopper lids and pots, but I wouldn't fancy it on £300 worth of AS gun. I've got a couple of cheaper (60-70 quid) airsoft pistols......... any of my markers would shatter them in a second.
Sights/optics and body kits would also be damaged.
Or are the guns metal?, can't tell on the web sites.
I think they'd go straight through anything other than thick vinyl type plastic (the softer stuff), some markers are plastic, but the plastic is thick as they aren't trying to recreate a real weapon. (can't do a glock with 0.68 calibre and 1" plastic casing on the barrel).
Any sticky out bits (details like sights, rails and even exposed hammers/sliders) would be pretty easy to smash off..... Plus, lots of electronics and gears, how would they stand up to impact plus gunk?
I'd like to go for the crossover, but I think a lot of stuff would get damaged.... we tend to go for function over form (yes we like the bling too) as we are more interested in the performance than "authenticity" it's easier to make em tough when they don't need to look like anything from this century.
Field test 1.

The plastic MP5 hop-up AS I bought cos it was in FHM stood up to 4 rounds from my E-blade before it's casing gave up.
(theres a lot of stuff in their too, very complicated)

It will be sorely missed.

I hadn't considered this before, and it could be a problem.... I'll post this on the UKAN thread too....

dirtydenn

how long's the fuse?
May 9, 2002
london
Visit site
aye, i don't see the airsofters kit standing up to the impacts, as you say especially the sights and lights

anyone lends me an SA80 though and i'll leave my cocker at home,

oh and can't you get "paint" bb's for the airsofts? seen them on ebay

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
Originally posted by Airsofter_Til_I_Die
you can but it messes up your gun
And they bounce better than site paint at christmas! :rolleyes:

Guys the whole goggle system thing was mentioned briefly but not really decided from what i can tell.....

There is no two ways about it ALL players P'Ball and AS would HAVE to wear Paintball certified goggles! Anything less is blindness waiting to happen!

As for the idea - great! I have been waiting for this ever since getting shot by some guy in a moving bush with his SA80 at the old Greenham Common site in Hampshire, took me ages to work out what the tickle was :D

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Why not Just play half the day with everyone using paintball setups and half the day using air soft setups.

Hell you could even work in some storyline to it. Play the morning using conventional human weapons (air soft) with missions based around aquiring new alien technology (paintball guns). In the afternoon the markers your team get to use depends on the mornings performance. Eg. Your team reaches the ancient ruined temple first, you get an a electro pimp gun, other wise, your stuck with a elderly pump gun.

It means we all get a chance to try each others game out, as well as giving giving the paintballers a reasonable handi cap in the afternoon. (The Air soft guys will probably be better at air soft, thus aquire better guns for the afternoon, and so the afternoon does not consist of the paintballers introducing the airsoft guys to a high speed colourful world of pain.)

It does mean you might have to lend your marker to the opposition and maybe even use a site guns, but that's all the more reason to play hard in the morning. And any way wouldn't you like the chance to borrow a decent air soft in the morning.

Gillie

Apr 8, 2002
www.pbuk.biz
TC, the Staar Waars paintball scenario game is on the 18/19 October - please don't clash with that if you are planning anything - that would be detrimental to both events...