Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stargate Scenario versus Airsofters...

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Plus I'm not making this jar-jar costume for nowt.

I've got a mate who's a little emaciated troll of a bloke.........make a pretty good asgard.

or naked Jawa. :)

Let 6e run stargate, I believe they may be a little interested in stargate.

Unless Hatts egyptian slave master and bull whip were for something else?

You've got it, he's in a nativity play as Herod.

Now there's a scenario for you............... the manger could be an objective, slam dunk the nazerine for bonus points.

Although "hanging the flag" at the other end would be a bit tasteless.

Victor six

TrannyPaintballer
Jun 7, 2002
Staffordshire Moorlands
Visit site
Ok, you got me interested.. although I'm looking at the whole AS thang to get into anyway, I just ain't sure where I can play within 50 miles of Stoke on Trent!

Where are y'all thinking of doing it anyway? Will travel for the right event!!

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
Originally posted by Gillie
TC, the Staar Waars paintball scenario game is on the 18/19 October - please don't clash with that if you are planning anything - that would be detrimental to both events...
Don't worry, I'm coming to Staar waars so therre is no way I'm gonna organise anything to clash with it :)

Looks like this AS/PB Stargate thing may be off unless we can determine to the satisfaction of the AS guys whether a Paintball will damage AS kit...

Leper

Jolt
Oct 2, 2001
Bucks
www.kwidgybo.co.uk
Originally posted by ThunderCat

Or we could maybe make some cardboard breastplates to look like Jaffa.
Not a bad idea, the paintballers would probably hear the hit that way, and I imagine you might get a visible dent of some kind. Of course, cardboard aint a great material for clothing. From the looks of the rest of the thread, it might not be simultaenous PB vs AS but I know I wouldnt mind wearing some kind of "armour" to make sure I know when I'm hit. :)

Hi all

Funny thing happened to me today, I was looking thru our threads and a mate gave me a link to come here (and see you guys).

Ehhhhh, we are talking bliss.

Star Gate????? Yes please, do it.....................

Introductions, sorry how rude.

I'm as the user name says (when in role play any way) and I run a Star Gate airsoft role playing team.

We have members from across the country who wear replica uniforms and use replica AEG's.

I think it must be xmas and birthday all at once.

I shall keep my eyes on this thread and hope we can arrange something soon.

Feel free to visit our web site @

www.freewebs.com/teamsg4/

Cheers all

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
Welcome to the thread O'neill :)

So what's your opinion on the likelihood of damage to an AEG from a paintball hit?? This is the big thorn in our side at the moment!

Also, as you roleplay Stargate, do you have any spare Jaffa outfits that the Pballers could borrow?

Warm Welcome

Thanks for that Thunder Cat........

Damage to our beloveds, I recomend mesh in front of the lenses (red dot & scopes), the lenses will still get painted up but we have iron sights as back up.

Damage to the gun itself, as long as paint doesn't run into the workings.

<hhhmmmmm direct hit to the muzzle/flash eliminator>

That may cause problems.

Spare outfits, fraid not mate.

ps most of us play and live close to you ;)

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
People have expressed concern about the more "fiddly" attachments being cracked by the impact.
I haven't seen what you guys use but the scope on an air rifle for example could easily be destroyed by a Pball (based on my mates scope, which is quite nice but fairly flimsy really.)
If you use military grade steel scopes or something then its probably fine...

Personally I don't think there would be any damage issues, but then I've never properly seen an AEG...