Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting marker

Inquisitor Tyrus

Aug 1, 2001
North Hollywood, CA
Visit site
Im just getting into paintballing, and Im wondering what gun I should invest in. Im heavily concerned about accuracy; the first day I went out on the field with a rented gun, and was appalled at the spread of the shots. High rate of fire isnt as important to me. I have little money to work with...what way should I go?

Welllll :)

Well, in my experience as a paintball player I found that, the cheapest marker, might not be the best one. What you pay is what you get. (duh.) Anyways, you said that you wanted accuracy ehh, buy an entry level piranha like the BL G3. It's a decent marker. Buy an 14" after market barrel and screw her on. This will help with the accuracy. These guns all come with Double Triggers, so you'll have that accuracy you want and you might get a little bit of extra bps with the Double Trigger. Although I find that I can shoot a little faster with single. (dont ask) I am wierd.. :)

Big G

Jul 29, 2001
Mobridge, South Dakota
hmmm

personally i would go with a spyder compact with a aftermarket barrel, its an excellent beginner gun.

But if you want long distance accuracy you might want a tippman model 98 or a custom

try each one out and see which one you prefer

if you do go with the spyder, try not to get too caught up in the upgrade game, it can get really expensive

good luck

the G of biggness

Inquisitor Tyrus

Aug 1, 2001
North Hollywood, CA
Visit site
How easy would it be to attach a scope to all of these? Not entirely just to improve aiming, but largely to tell what darn team that guy is on - the place I play at only uses a small colored armband for team identification.

Remember Im new to this, so if you could explain some of terms you use, and give me some web sites I could go to to check out the guns youre suggesting, 'twould be much appreciated.

Big G

Jul 29, 2001
Mobridge, South Dakota
you can put a scope on a spyder (not sure about a tippman), but its really not worth it. The only marker i would consider putting a scope on is a phantom, which is too expensive for you. Plus if you put the scope on the spyder, chances are youll break it in the heat of the game.

warpig.com is a good site for information, as well as the site you posted this on! check out the techroom, markers part of the page, it has a reviews on many markers there.

If your looking for a place to buy gear, check out www.800paintball.com, www.paintballgear.com, www.piratepaintball.com, or just check the top 40 paintball sites link thats at each of these sites.

hope i helped out

the g of biggness
impulse or cocker, im am forever torn
:rolleyes:

SCOPE?!

Boo!

Scoped are definetly not worth the money you pay for them. Scope may be useful in a woods type feild but if you ever get out on that speedfall field you don't have time to look in that scop.. Hmmm, oh there he is.. SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT, you get lit up..

Spend the extra money you were going to spend on a scope on a aftermarket barrel bro.. :)

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
you don't want to get a big fat thing either that exposes you badly over the top of bunkers.

You've gotta watch glare also on some lense as they reflect a lot of light - I've seen a few guys with lasersights on their guns, personally never tried one.

The Kid

P8ntball Junkie
Umm....

Pikachu,

Maybe you don't play with a hopper...but I do, and they are a lot bigger and will give you away faster then a scope(over the top of a bunker anyways).

And guys,

Scopes are not that bad...especially if you play at outdoor fields that are large. And like he said, he wants it to figure out who is who, and there is nothing wrong with that. :)

Inquisitor Tyrus,

Most fields that I've played at use a small, skinny armband to distinguish(sp?) teams, including Skirmish USA. I also played at a field that you were responsible for knowing who was on your team, but it wasn't really that hard. Also in your first post you mentioned the spread of the rental gun, and you wanted accuracy....well, you could spend all the money you got and you still won't be able to garuantee a shot(unless your three feet away from your target), the weak link is the paint your shooting. Don't get me wrong, you can improve accuracy, you just can't be a sniper, like in the military or on S.W.A.T. teams.

www.paintballgeeks.com and www.xpaintball.com are some good cheap sites along with the others that were mention in the above posts.

Hope I helped you some. :)

Inquisitor Tyrus

Aug 1, 2001
North Hollywood, CA
Visit site
Heh, I didnt plan on being a sniper, but with the guns they provided I almost had to be three feet away to hit them at all, unless I wanted to spray dozens of shots at them - and because I was sharing a case of paint with four other friends, I didnt have a lot of shots to spray. I want a gun that will be able to at least hit what Im aiming at at a considerable range within the first 5 or 6 shots. The scope would also help by letting me see if I had actually hit the guy. And yes, the place I play at is just a big wooded area, so long range combat is just about all that was occuring.