Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting marker

Ghost

Aug 5, 2001
Ohio
Response.

In my opinion, the Tippmann 98 is a great starting gun. Great durability and pretty good accurate for the price, too. Only thing is, won't learn how the majority of other markers work ( 2 Chambers layered on eachother. Ex: Spyder). If you plan to put a scope on the 98, I suggest a raised site rail. When I put mine on, without the raised rail, I had to remove my adjustable aimer thing and it *just* fit. Anyway, hope you find a good marker and good hunting.

Kingpn301

Aug 6, 2001
Jacksonville, Fl
Visit site
Hope this helps

Well if you are looking for absolute accuracy over all go with a phantom. If you are however looking for a good all around begginer gun I strongly suggest the Tippmann model 98. You can always add a Flatline barrel (which is nice). Yes you can add a scope to the model 98. Another suggestion is the Nova it is a little more exspensive but very accurate and very nice.

DDavidD

Aug 12, 2001
I would stick to a Spyder

Maybe a Spyder TL+? The most important for aimin is that you have a front grip and bottom line. You could also use a red dot sight, but most often you will not use it once on the field.

If you live in the US I would recommend www.888paintball.com. In Europe, I belive the new www.europb.com is the cheapest webshop. Anyone who knows any cheaper websites in Europe?

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
Scopes are pointless.
Most importantly don't buy online, worst mistake I made, luckily I fixed mine. My brother's however had a leak in the valve and cut the tank o-ring once you screw in the tank.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
another newbie notion

If you spend your time looking into a scope, you're going to be not paying attention to the rest of what's going on around you. If you feel absolutely compelled to have a sight, Armson pro dots are about the most useful you can find. Also, unlike scopes the lenses don't break if they get hit, since it has no lens. The only telescopic sights I have ever seen used effectively, and only by people that seriously knew what they were doing and were well used to them, are Adco red dot sights mounted on Mags. They're pistol sights, and a paintgun works more or less at pistol distances, so it matches the task well. They're only best utilized for shots that you have a moment or two to aim carefully; take too long and someone will plant a nice pair of splats on your mask for your time and effort.

LEAVE THE SQUIRREL AND DEER SCOPES AT HOME. Just do it. You now know the reason why.

Tigris Magnus

Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
Good Starting Marker

I tend to agree with HiPsTeR. The Piranha any model is the best starter marker. I started on a Model 98 and at the time did not much think of the weight issue till I played a field game. My wife started with a Piranha and I tend to use it as well depending on the comp. I also read someone saying to not get caught up in upgrades. Unfortunatly I have found that no matter what marker you use be it an Autococker, Spyder, Model 98, Angel, or Piranha that it is very easy to do.

Paintballfreak

Sep 23, 2001
Toledo Ohio
Visit site
If i were you i would get a tippmann 98 custom and an after market j&j ceramic barrel for it. Not many scopes fit on a tippmann 98 but you can get a sight rail for it that will fit them if you find it really necessary for a scope.:)

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
if u get a tippmann 98, don't get a flat line as they are supposed to be a bitch to squegee in the middle of a game. Remember it's all about speed in this game.