The Home Of European Paintball

Suggestion for Next D7 leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
At the first leg i was checked three times before a game, im one of those Quake boys with C4 top and pants, or maybe its coz i attract that kind of man, either way i think when we are playing on this sort of surface there should be some sort of leniency for the sake of peoples knees. Personally i have many a scar from the first two events and would rather not earn any more! Although i realise i could just change pants i have decieded to risk ingury for the sake off looking Agg.
T

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Oh dear AGG 101 what have you done:rolleyes:

Fair enough guys i take your points on board, i would like to see knee supports being stated as acceptable as i don't wanna screw it again.

To my knowledge quite a few manufacturers now include padding within the design of their pants (jt, Dye, Empire, Nexed etc) so there may well be some sore knees after mr Pink gets looking up your trouser legs.

Lookin forward to the next leg, tho it still seems a very long way away.

A.B:)

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I'm sure a Knee Support would be acceptable........

After all, they are to prevent muscular sports injuries. Not designed as padding.

Saw some in Sainsburys last week, brand name of Pro-Sport. Think they were about a fiver each.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Pink,

Don't be a festivemonkeycumbucket. Check inside my C4s and I'll punch you up the face ;)

To wear knee pads under C4s is going to make scant difference to bouncers. The pants are already gravity challenged meaning they slope forward and hang off the knees anyway. Any balls that hit the frontal padded area are either going to bounce or burst as normal, the pads underneath would unlikely be touched.

Player protection should be paramount, and players shouldn't have to risk injury to critical areas such as Necks and Knees to satisfy the anal amongst us. Of course there are limits but neck and knee protection should be at the discretion of the player. If the refs wanna make a difference and enforce something worthwhile, stop players wearing their tops outside their packs and stop them wearing tops a gazillion times to large. Even the Dye C4 youths playing top fits up to a size 39" chest, so most of y'all isn't got no excuses.

Ya-boooooo to those who tops to large!

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
baggy is bad boy roy

stongle, just cos we arent like you, and wanna wear a skin tight wet suit, oohhh mmmmm, slappy slappy, slippy slidy, wahoo, (which has its bounce factor in its own effect, especially under your dye jersey, so i'd keep it hush;) )

can you guys cut out the padding easily? or is it total gashness?

eric.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Originally posted by stongle
Pink,

Don't be a festivemonkeycumbucket. Check inside my C4s and I'll punch you up the face ;)

To wear knee pads under C4s is going to make scant difference to bouncers. The pants are already gravity challenged meaning they slope forward and hang off the knees anyway. Any balls that hit the frontal padded area are either going to bounce or burst as normal, the pads underneath would unlikely be touched.

Player protection should be paramount, and players shouldn't have to risk injury to critical areas such as Necks and Knees to satisfy the anal amongst us. Of course there are limits but neck and knee protection should be at the discretion of the player. If the refs wanna make a difference and enforce something worthwhile, stop players wearing their tops outside their packs and stop them wearing tops a gazillion times to large. Even the Dye C4 youths playing top fits up to a size 39" chest, so most of y'all isn't got no excuses.

Ya-boooooo to those who tops to large!
Although I don't personally know Mr Pink, I'm sure he didn't write the RULES........

Marshals are there to ensure that the game is played by the RULES.....

It that's the RULES, then that's the RULES......

Taken from the Paintball Association Rulebook (Dartford 7's Edition):-

Trousers, Pants & Other Garments.

Full length trousers are strongly encouraged and it compulsory that the front of the leg area between waist and lower thigh and between knee and ankle is covered. Shorts, skirts & kilts of shorter than knee length may be worn but in such cases the lower leg must be protected by approved shin protection. Only two layers may be worn on the legs.

It is recognised that some trousers have additional padding in strategic places for protection. These trousers are legal however no secondary level of protection may be added in these particular areas such as shin pads worn either under or over the trousers with similar padding in the same areas.

Note 6: If the referee considers that a players leg protection is anyway inadequate the referee has the right to prevent that player from entering the field until such time as the player presents themselves attired in suitable protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.