Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Suggestion for Next D7 leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by WingNut
I have to say that rules are rules...... and have to be abided by AT ALL TIMES.....WITHOUT EXCEPTION........

If rules are 'bent', even if it is ever so slightly, then it will make a mockery of all other rules and regulations ever written.

Agreed, the C4 range is very nice, but I saw this coming the first time I ever saw them. IMO, it's 'designer cheating' whichever way you look at it. Even if the individual wearing them is unaware of the rulings.

I can't actually belive, to this day, that DYE actually thought they were going to get away with this.

ONE layer of padding.......... that's the rules..........

Sorry guys...... just my opinion.......
if anyone remembers, when the c4 range came out, i made a debate thread about it, and most said that they wouldnt wear pads underneath the c4's because its ample padding.

well look now;)

D7's

Home to Notorious Kids
Aug 15, 2002
www.d7s.co.uk
Originally posted by A.B
Hi This post is aimed at both the organisers of the D7's and at the captains and players of the event.

Having noticed the unseasonably good weather we've had recently and remembering the firmness of the playing fields at pull paintball park, i was wondering if there would be support for scrapping the rule on knee and elbow padding at the event- i know that you can wear pads if you don't have padding as an integral part of your clothing design- i was just wondering if there would be support from all teams for a temp scrapping of this rule untill the ground softens a bit.

I personally play in C4's and a dye C4 top both of which have a form of padding sewn into them, now while this forbids me to wear elbow and knee pads under the current rules i have found that this padding is insufficiant alone. I do have an old knee injury and yes i do sign a disclaimer at the start of each event so i'm not expecting anyone to do this on my behalf, just wondered if there was any support for this temp lifting of the rule??????

At the end of the day the D7 league rules, and i'd play if it became mandatory to wear a thong and string vest (you an me smally against the world) but i'd rather not get injured for the sake of it.

So whaddya think should i pipe the fook down or is there further support for a relaxation of this rule?????

A.B :)
Yes, I totally agree, the ground at D7's is exceptionally hard at the moment and would advise players to wear knee and or elbow pads and or sliding shorts, to this tournament iust remember you may be leaving yourself open to bonus balling :D :D but thats gotta be better than damaging your joints.

Dave Stewart
Rekka
D7's

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Originally posted by sub
Yes, I totally agree, the ground at D7's is exceptionally hard at the moment and would advise players to wear knee and or elbow pads and or sliding shorts, to this tournament iust remember you may be leaving yourself open to bonus balling :D :D but thats gotta be better than damaging your joints.

Dave Stewart
Rekka
D7's
Shouldn't this have been discussed with the team captains before the event????

D7's

Home to Notorious Kids
Aug 15, 2002
www.d7s.co.uk
Re: Re: Suggestion for Next D7 leg

Originally posted by WingNut
Shouldn't this have been discussed with the team captains before the event????
We are more concerned about preventing injury than bouncing balls and in my experience players who wear them do so for this reason, but this said, any team captains wishing to dicuss the wearing of knee/elbow pads please attend the site on the 26th June.

Thanks
Dave Stewart

Aug 29, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
bedwetters! :rolleyes:

Running full-pelt over and diving on hard grass is much more favourable than doing the same in woodland! No sticking up branches to embed themselves in your body, no bracken to trip over or thorns to get in funny places, no trees to headbutt. Just a bit of hard flat(ish) open ground and some wuvly fwuffy bouncy inflatibles. We got it easy now.
Diving moves weren't invented by X-ball ffs. Quit whinging and play on you bunch of girls.

:D

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Thank you for your comments dave, am i to take it that as it stands the knee pad rule is to be relaxed but not to have the piss taken out of???

I.e i can wear knee pads under my C4's, provided the ground doesn't soften up before the next leg? if yes then fantastic and i appreciate the forward thinking of the tournament organisers.

Guys if this means that a few more balls come my way then so be it- i'd rather have bruises from balls than a messed up knee.

with regards to less hazards on a sup air pitch then i'd agree there is less to injure yourself on but this only encourages you to play harder- then you land harder etc etc

A.B:)

D7's

Home to Notorious Kids
Aug 15, 2002
www.d7s.co.uk
Originally posted by A.B
Thank you for your comments dave, am i to take it that as it stands the knee pad rule is to be relaxed but not to have the piss taken out of???

I.e i can wear knee pads under my C4's, provided the ground doesn't soften up before the next leg? if yes then fantastic and i appreciate the forward thinking of the tournament organisers.

Guys if this means that a few more balls come my way then so be it- i'd rather have bruises from balls than a messed up knee.

with regards to less hazards on a sup air pitch then i'd agree there is less to injure yourself on but this only encourages you to play harder- then you land harder etc etc

A.B:)
As far as I am concerned you are welcome to wear your knee pads, and to all you super-heros out there go ahead and damage your knees.

Dave :cool:

Bunker Imp

Dye Paintball
Apr 24, 2003
Kent
Originally posted by SHERIFF
If you dont want mr pink coping a feel dont put pads under your dye pants...
We will look at the feilds on the day and if we think its to hard we may let you put on pads it all depends on how much tea you bring me befor the game..:D
if i bring u lots of tea mr sheriff can i have more than 1 life :D

(this is where u say nahh jason u only need one life anyway)

and mr pink says(jason u need about 20 lives to stay in the game the same amount of time as me)
:rolleyes:
:D :p :D

PEACHIE

canine defence league
Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
so does this apply to dye tops and elbow pads as well?i'm sorry to disagree with you but anyone with half a brain must have realised they would be bending the rules with c4's and pads when they bought them. dye pads by themselves offer enough protection from hard ground. If anyone can prove scientifically that c4's and pads don't give an advantage over pads and conventional trousers then fair enough make them legal. As someone said if the yanks cant put up with it on some of the nastiest playing surfaces we should be able to too.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
So we put up cos the yanks do???? :confused:

I bought the C4's as they were a good strong pair of playing trousers- the knee section is padded but no more so than JT or some of the others- the knee section looks bigger due to the shape it has been made into. i'm not trying to gain an unfair advantage , i'm looking after the welfare of myself and my team mates as any captain would do, up untill now i have enforced the rules on my team ensuring their compliance regardless of us being checked or not, as the ground has got harder i posed the question as i have been asked to by my team mates, it has been answered- if you don't want to wear pads then thats fine, hope you've got someone nice to push you around when your knees give up.

Lets not start goin on about whether the yanks play on harder ground or whether strict compliance to the rules is essential in all circumstances, i have asked a question on behalf of my team (and all players in actual fact) and i welcome the fact that the organisers have listened to a request and has responded promptly- all credit to the D7's organisation.

With regards to more than a tee under a playing top- i'll leave that one to you to ask as my team haven't asked me too ;)

A.B

Status
Not open for further replies.