• GIANTS

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
EVO:- Thats exactly what i said last night. useless coverage.
Can't believe they took the lead only to throw crap defense. And what's with Matt Light jumping the gun costing three false start penalties? the big scary fool.

webber

imperialclothing.co.uk
Sep 11, 2006
Milton Keynes
Just heard news on the Pro Bowl.

Tom Brady will be being replaced by Derek Anderson. San Diego's tight end will be being replaced by clevelands Kellen Winslow.
These two people i feel are acceptable for their drop as they have both come away with slight injuries and do not want to risk getting hurt anymore.

But Patriots wide reciever Randy Moss has also said he will not be playing in the pro bowl and he will be replaced by the Bengals star Chad Johnson. Apart from his bruised ego what is his excuse?

James

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
I think the last play the Pats got caught off guard. It was still around 16 or so yards out, wasn't it on a 3rd down? Cant remember how many yards they needed, maybe they just didn't expect Eli to throw that and rather just go for the next 1st.

The coverage on Moss was no better for his TD, even if they guy slipped, there was still only 1 player on him. Moss needs at least 2 as has been seen all season long.

I cant remember the pro bowl teams, but the Giants only have 1 or 2 in dont they? Just shows how much of an acheivement the win really is. I kept my Giants jersey on all day yesterday and only some fat chick in Asda said anything about it. Now I blatently look like a bandwagon fan, even though I've followed them for a good few years

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
I kept my Giants jersey on all day yesterday and only some fat chick in Asda said anything about it. Now I blatently look like a bandwagon fan, even though I've followed them for a good few years
Same with my Patriots jersey. had it a fair while now, then they started getting close to perfect and suddenly your a glory supporter. :eek:

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
been along time since my team has had any glory. when did you say there was big games it the UK ?

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
October 26th (If memory serves) Chargers and someone else (I forget a lot!) are over for a game down in London (unsure whether it was wembely or O2 arena)

edit - just been and had a look, New Orleans Saints vs San Deigo Chargers Oct 26th Wembely :)

www.nfluk.com/tickets (does require you to register to the site by the looks of it, I couldn't be bothered so can't give a guide on ticket price, I would assume £50ish but it is a very uneduacted assumption and stand to be proven wrong)

webber

imperialclothing.co.uk
Sep 11, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yep, Chargers vs Saints.
Gonna be a good game to get to and you get to see some big names like Brees, LT, Henderson, Bush, McAllister, Turner, Gates, Rivers and more :D

I am deffo trying to get there this year as i missed the last :(.
As for nfluk.com you should deffo sign up, its great on there.
And now the season has ended its AFL (Arena Football League) time :D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
thats was the most shocking end to a superbowl (in a good way). i thought the pats had it sealed but eli manning really bought it home for the giants. i suppose theyve gotta win something and in the end they obviously wanted it more. the cover on the player who caught the winning touchdown was poor. they should of had 2 or even 3 man coverage in that back corner :(

good game and i certainly cant wait for the regular season to start again. i can see the pats being in the superbowl again next year....

GO PATRIOTS!!!
Three man coverage? Are you nuts?
If you put three men on one guy, that leaves too many other people uncovered. Just look at the SuperBowl of 1989, 49ers v Bengals. 49ers were trailing 13-16 by the end of the 4th quarter. Then started what became known as The Drive. In about 3 minutes, the 49ers marched 92 yards across the field, with the combo Joe Montana/Jerry Rice being the main weapon. Everybody was expecting Rice to make what would be the game deciding catch, so he had coverage coming out his earholes. This left John Taylor open to catch the winning pass for the 49ers.

The way the Pats played it they did the right thing. The way it was now, the Giants COULD have scored (and did). Put three man on him and the Giants were guaranteed a score, as everybody else would be wide open.
The only thing you can hope to do is put double coverage on the prime threat, and prey that he runs a pattern that gets him close to the other receivers, so that if the ball goes his way, the rest of the DB's can get to him as well. But the Giants weren't stupid, they sent everybody on a pattern that spread the defense out, so there's no way that those covering the others would get there in time. The defensive call was correct. Plax was just the better man on that play. Sh*t happens.