Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The bird I got friendly with last night.

Skeet

Platinum Member
http://www.crosscountryforcancer.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/080306_greatdane.jpg

"As the original purpose of the hound was to be able to take on the wild boar, the Deer and the wolf we often see kennings applied that identify Odin’s two hounds as wolfhounds. As the king’s personal hounds it is the very same hound that guards the entrance to the next world in both Denmark and England, the folklore of which forms the basis for ”The Hound of the Baskervilles”

From Wiki. So Wild Boar, Deer and Wolves and a dog of Legend.

Bearing in mind, that to stop a full grown Wild Boar, you may have to shoot it twice with a large calibre rifle, then with 4 or 5 heavy rounds from a shotgun as it reaches the 40 yard line, then a few times with a heavy pistol, such as a .45, as it passes/rams the back of the truck that you shot it from (True story, seen the video of my mate hunting Boar in Africa).

Double hard.
Mikey...I do think that this quote, by yours truly...has finally put an end to your AkitaNinja.

I believe, your Bonfire, has been thoroughly pissed on;):D

Skeet

Platinum Member
Yeah...slight problem though.

I know a little about hunting with dogs.

Have you ever heard the term "...like a Baying Hound..."?
A Baying hound, is a dog that is used for hunting. The Baying bit, is that when the dog or pack of dogs, will keep the prey "at bay" and the noise they make, attracts the Hunter, who then comes in and despatches the prey.

The other type of Hunting dog, is the one that will actually catch the prey and pin it down until the Hunter gets there to kill the prey.

Danes, are an example of the later. Akitas, are an example of the former.
Not forgetting, that a fully grown, large Akita at 40 kilos, gives away probably 50 Kilos (about 120lbs, 8 stone) to a fully grown Dane. Probably why Akitas were good at babysitting...like teenage girls do....not something for your average 200lb dog to do:D

You cant mess with that sort of difference in body weight...especially when it isn't dead weight.

Hark! I hear a sizzling. Mikey, is that your Bonfire?:D

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Yeah...slight problem though.

I know a little about hunting with dogs.

Have you ever heard the term "...like a Baying Hound..."?
A Baying hound, is a dog that is used for hunting. The Baying bit, is that when the dog or pack of dogs, will keep the prey "at bay" and the noise they make, attracts the Hunter, who then comes in and despatches the prey.

The other type of Hunting dog, is the one that will actually catch the prey and pin it down until the Hunter gets there to kill the prey.

Danes, are an example of the later. Akitas, are an example of the former.
Not forgetting, that a fully grown, large Akita at 40 kilos, gives away probably 50 Kilos (about 120lbs, 8 stone) to a fully grown Dane. Probably why Akitas were good at babysitting...like teenage girls do....not something for your average 200lb dog to do:D

You cant mess with that sort of difference in body weight...especially when it isn't dead weight.

Hark! I hear a sizzling. Mikey, is that your Bonfire?:D

um......yes but mine has a funky tail :D