Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The end of the UKPSF ??

Steve Bull

I have had a couple of phone calls today about the UKPSF.

The first caller asked "I believe the UKPSF has folded and another organisation will now be taking over the reigns of paintball?"

The second caller asked "Is the 2006 conference cancelled because I had heard you had jacked in the Federation and therefore would not be organising the event?"

The simple answer is despite all the rumours I am NOT stopping my involvement with the UKPSF and the UKPSF will continue in it's present format. If the members want a change of direction that is OK but rumours and chitty chat will not change the UKPSF.

I will be happy to talk to anyone about the UKPSF if they call 0845 130 6258 but will not get involved in a “forum” battle with other organisations or individuals

Steve Bull

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I just been made aware of what's going on here and I would like to put in my two penneth for what it's worth....Steve Bull is a stand up guy and works frikkin hard for little to no return with respect to the UKPSF.

Out of the hoards of people who 'say' they are doing things for the welfare of others, Bully is one of the rarest of animals in paintball who actually is.

His word is sound, his character is above reproach and if anybody should lead any administrative body for UK Paintball, then it is he.

Nuff Said !

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Back the UKPSF

As both a player & site owner I have had good reason to support the UKPSF and more importantly Steve, as players we need some body or organisation to look after our interests. Steve has done so much, admittedly with the help of a lot of people in the industry, to ensure a basic standard of sites, and the service they provide.
We need people like Steve and the UKPSF in paintball, people who will put the good before the greed.
Oh and he's a nice bloke too.;) :D

jokmctoast

Sep 20, 2005
Visit site
I have been a personal member of the UKPSF for many years, I have also made sure that my site has been a member since it's inception. I also work as a paintballer, i play paintball, my hobby is paintball, and I describe myself as a paintball engineer and all of my friends are paintballers.

this nonsense that is being put about about by the UKPBA that is designed to try and break up what is a very good sports representative body is very bad for our sport.

The UKPBA is a body set up and controlled by the paintball company delta force.

the ukpsf is an association that was set up by players and trade, it has always sought to further paintball as a sport and a passtime, it has worked very hard to make sure that paintball has not been banned in this country, it has also helped the sport in other countries. The ukpsf organises tournaments, the ukpsf provides a listening ear for the government, it has set out a code of practice, so that sites can be judged by local councils. in short the ukpsf has gone a long way to help you as either a player, or a site operator to do what you do.

I would like to endorse what the UKPSF has done in all of our names, I would urge every right minded individual who plays or trades in paintball to get behind the federation.

Support YOUR federation whilst you still can.

Jock
Twilight Zone Paintball

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
You don't have to do anything as their stratgey and actions are self-limiting.
They will assume no power whatsoever because people are aware of what they are up to and as such, will attract none but the stupid and ill-informed.

I think Bully and the UKPSF can rest easy enough.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
The possible explanation for this could be that the organisation has been created to allow sites that don't achieve the UKPSF's standards to have some form of 'organisational body' that will allow sites with lower safety standards and facilities the opportunity to be linked with a bigger company. i hasten to add that not all sites can and should be tarred with the same brush and each site should be judged on it's own merits.

A.B

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Hi AB, I'm sure like everyone else you've heard the many rumours that DF sites are not up to scratch or are 'unsafe' and you're probably basing your assumption (above) on these general rumours as 'fact' without giving it much thought.

Rumours are usually started by one or two disgruntled people, possibly in the same way that Bully is hearing rumours that the UKPSF are closing down.

The damage is done when the innocents add fuel to the rumourmongers fires and spread their gossip.

The UKPSF is NOT closing down: Hooray, cos i'm a member ;)
Delta Force is NOT an unsafe or sub-standard place play paintball, hooray, cos i work there ;)

I can honestly say the safety standards we have in place at DF waay exceed any other paintball operator i have worked for (i've worked for 3 others). DF don't cut costs when it comes to standards. I know that as a fact from my job at DF which involves setting and monitoring safety standards regarding guns and co2 as well as servicing the equipment and training marshals on the safe use of guns and co2. We have a meeting of all centre managers every month to review procedures and update as necessary. We would defininitely not fall short of the UKPSF's safety standards.