Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The end of the UKPSF ??

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by jeff
Hi Gups

Are you speaking on behalf of the Delta Force organisation or are you just expressing your own opinion?
Hi Jeff. What i have said is my own opinion but as a member of staff at DF H.O i know quite a bit of what goes on and to a degree, within the confines of safety and maintenance of gas, guns and staff training have a limited 'official' capacity.

I know of the events in the UKPSF meeting as DF had someone there and in addition another trustworthy person not DF related who was in that meeting told me the same.

I know our safety standards and procedures are thouough and rigid because i helped write them and was involved in very lengthy and boring risk assessments as well as attending the monthly managers meetings. :(

The only thing which is 'hearsay' in my post is the comment of the UKPSF as i heard this second-hand, albeit from a very reputable member of DF staff.

I would be interested to know what the "Official" line is on all the rumours of no insurance, poorly trained staff etc.
I KNOW we have insurance, (EL and PL) it's in the file in the room next to me right now. I KNOW we train staff as my mileage counter on my van tells me the distances i travel to do so. It's up to centre managers to monitor their staff training and call me in when they need a brush-up or if when we have new staff.

I am finding it difficult to fathom why such a large and apparently successful company wouldn't want to prove to the industry and the players that they are reputable and trading within the regulations that exist.
I recently asked a director the same question, as the constant DF-bashing dismays me. I was told it's because DF can't be bothered to engage in a political war. One director of DF used to play many years ago and the politics pissed him off then. It doesn't affect the numbers though our gates and so from a business point of view it doesn't really matter what people think of us. I disagree with that, i think if you have a good product why let others slag it off, but then i'm not a businesswoman and maybe thats why! ;)

Jeff [/B][/QUOTE]

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Ca$hMoney
... lets face it Delta Force put profit much higher on their list of priorities than they do safety of customers! ...
Defo not true m8. Just as a 'for instance', if a player goggle-lifts in a 'live' area, their day's paintballing with DF is over. Thats a LOSS of money to DF as they won't be buying paint from us. We won't take the risk that they'll do it again.

On the other side of the coin, a well known and respected paintball opertator, who i won't name on here, but who is a UKPSF member, merely gives penalty points to goggle lifters yet expels players smuggling in their own paint to the centre. Now THAT'S an example of profit over safety.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Syd (NSPL)
Robbo - you put things so much nicer than me! ;)

Oh, and sorry for contributing to the thread jack.

Chris, it's merely a skill I have had to develop after being on these boards for so long and having to deal with small minded, unintelligent, self-serving, ignorant, bull****ting idiots we sometimes get on here :)

Thank heaven the vast majority of people we get on here do not in any way fall into that category but like a lot of things in life, it's the small minority that sometimes make an unfortunate impact and as you know, my best attribute isn't suffering fools gladly, for that, I hold my hands up in abject guilt :)

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Originally posted by Robbo
...having to deal with small minded, unintelligent, self-serving, ignorant, bull****ting idiots we sometimes get on here :)...
I have to ask, was that directed directly at me?

Oh, and JFYI - the constant bitching on all PB forums (not just this one) is only a contributory factor to me not playing anymore. I have other reasons that I'll not bore you with.

I'll try to close the door quietly, don't want to upset anyone else now, do we?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Raffles
I have to ask, was that directed directly at me?

Oh, and JFYI - the constant bitching on all PB forums (not just this one) is only a contributory factor to me not playing anymore. I have other reasons that I'll not bore you with.

I'll try to close the door quietly, don't want to upset anyone else now, do we?
Yes it was, and if you need extra clarification, your input to this thread I view as 'self-serving'...anything else you wanna know?

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Not at all - shame really - all the respect I used to have for you has now gone out of the door before me. I never thought you would revert to petty name calling. Seems you've just helped prove my point.

Anyway, don't bother replying - I'm not interested in your opinion anymore (I used to hold it in very high esteem - shame that).

If you (or one of your associates) don't ban me - my only posts on this forum in future will be in the classifieds - and I'm sure you don't want to buy my 04 speed ;).

EDIT : Sorry Syd, I forgot to say 'thanks' for the kind words. It helped boost my self-serving, ignorant ego.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Raffles
Not at all - shame really - all the respect I used to have for you has now gone out of the door before me. I never thought you would revert to petty name calling. Seems you've just helped prove my point.

I doubt that describing you as 'self-serving' would constitute name calling but your recation only tends to reinforce what I previously said in that you are either

......'so fickle as to beggar belief, so weak minded as to suggest an impending nervous breakdown or just plain dramatising events for your own ends

...because if indeed you did have any resepct for what I did or say, then to jettison it for describing you as self-serving, then I'm afraid you, by definition, have to fit into at least one of the catgories I mentioned.

Far from proving your point as you erroneously suggested, you just proved mine.

Oh, but isn't my post falling onto deaf ears, I mean, you had already left...hadn't you? :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Gups
I'm sorry Robbo, i'm gonna have to report you to Gyroscope for getting off topic ;) x
Gups, let me remind you of something that may well have a degree of influence on preoceedings when you 'grass my ass' to Gyro :-

There is a hierarchy to this site that is built into the moderators and it is this, all moderators are as stated, except one, who is also a supermoderator and he has the power (if he so chooses) to unmoderate any moderator, I will leave you to guess the identity of such a person (me :) )but I would also add Duffitusta sometimes has the power (and sometimes uses it) to moderate the supermoderator :)