Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Friday Poll: Markers, pistols, gats, nines, shootin' irons...

Do you...

• ...use a marker that propels paintballs to send opposing athletes to the EPZ?

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • ...use a marker to shoot paintballs and send the other team to the deadbox?

Votes: 135 46.7%
  • ...shoot bullets from your gun to send the other guy to the deadbox?

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • ...shoot bullets from your gat to kill suckers?

Votes: 128 44.3%

• Total voters

killer_carvil

Northern Quarter Killers
Sep 27, 2004
Manchester
www.northernquarterpb.com
Paintball

i have not read all the post on this topic but i play paintball because i love playing it. i am not in it for thousands of sceaming fan's an the media in my face. i play not for my image but for the way it makes me feel. if the media want's to get involed so let it be i won't try to stop aslong as it dun't stop me from playing.

:D

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Originally posted by mad dog
Anyone seen the game of Dodgeball on sky, we need an arena set below the crowd with characters pleasing to the public and the TV.

The event would look crazy and imagine the crowds with team boards holding them up for you, shouting with those big waving hands and clapping sticks with team names on .

Need I continue, far fetched maybe. No I dont think so?
I've seen that dodgeball on sky and I get what your saying.

Do we get to fire a massive paintball every other round capable of covering a 1/4 of the pitch. Beware of the "THE POWER BALL" :D

Intheno

People's Supermod
Sep 18, 2003
Chicago (South Side)
Visit site
QUOTE BY THE LOCO:
All that psuedo-cool witless tough talk of gats and bullets etc. is just plain stupid. Frankly it strikes me as about the same thing as all those suburban white kids playing at being hardcore gangstas.

HE NEVER MADE MORE SENSE!

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Intheno
QUOTE BY THE LOCO:
All that psuedo-cool witless tough talk of gats and bullets etc. is just plain stupid. Frankly it strikes me as about the same thing as all those suburban white kids playing at being hardcore gangstas.

HE NEVER MADE MORE SENSE!
Careful, ITN, or before you know you'll be advocating capped ROF and acquiescing to ramping modes.

Intheno

People's Supermod
Sep 18, 2003
Chicago (South Side)
Visit site
actually Loco no I won't, there's enough ill-informed jibberish on here about all that without me getting involved.
I do think it's interesting that no-one can come up with a safe/legal/enforcable/acheivable/viable solution but they still feel its OK to take shots at the various leagues for failing to reach same desired solution.
I think the dedicated PCB is the option that will most likely happen. But you didn't hear me say that.

Back on topic though, its bad enough that the US players are using all that 'gat' talk. It sounds ridiculous from them, but it sounds waaay more ridiculous when the Brits start talking like it. My advice to people that want to slang it up in the UK, try using existing UK slang and saying it in your own accents. All this 'Dude' talk should be left to people who have the accents to pull it off.

You don't see the US players trying to talk like the Brits do you? So why try to talk like them? Isn't it a little silly? I mean, take it out of your paintball team environment and you would just sound like schoolboys with fake american accents wouldn't you?

Tell me if I'm wrong....

I mean, if you, by some freak chance, got on TV, and your family was watching, and there was an interview with you and your team after you won/lost a game, would you talk in the affected US 'chump-talk' thinking it would make you sound cooler, or would you talk normally, because you have to face your family later and you don't want them asking why you were tallking like a twat? Serious question...

Steve Morris

Banned
Jan 16, 2004
3rd stone from tha sun
Visit site
I think the dedicated PCB is the option that will most likely happen.
I really hope they can make that happen and NPPL may just be in the position to put something like this through. Go for it! And more power to you.

Semi-auto is dead. Long live semi-auto!

Just so you know (and you probably do know) another major league went pretty far down that road exploring the viability of such an idea. Maybe NPPL can succeed with this or something like it.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site

I do think it's interesting that no-one can come up with a safe/legal/enforcable/acheivable/viable solution but they still feel its OK to take shots at the various leagues for failing to reach same desired solution.
Bollocks. It could all be solved with a $35 board. We're taking shots at the various leagues for pretending to be semi-auto-only when everybody knows there are two kinds of tournaments:

Tournaments where nearly everybody has ramping markers, and tournaments where nearly everybody has ramping markers and a few people each event are randomly selected to receive penalties.

There are three choices available:

- Mandate that all players have a certified board. ($35).
- Allow ramping and pretend you can control the bps because it's easier than doing the one simple thing that would solve the problem.
- Say you don't allow ramping, and allow honest players to suffer at the hands of everybody who ramps anyway because it's more convenient for you to pretend you're doing something than do the one simple thing that would actually solve the problem.

D

duffistuta

Back on topic though, its bad enough that the US players are using all that 'gat' talk. It sounds ridiculous from them, but it sounds waaay more ridiculous when the Brits start talking like it. My advice to people that want to slang it up in the UK, try using existing UK slang and saying it in your own accents. All this 'Dude' talk should be left to people who have the accents to pull it off.

You don't see the US players trying to talk like the Brits do you? So why try to talk like them? Isn't it a little silly? I mean, take it out of your paintball team environment and you would just sound like schoolboys with fake american accents wouldn't you?

Tell me if I'm wrong....

I advocated banning every Brit who talked like a Yank from the forums, but it quickly became apparent that that would be pretty much everyone, including the rest of the PGi staff...the ****s.

Mind, I see Steve and Chicago dropping in 'git' and 'bollocks', so maybe the backlash has started.