Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Friday Poll: Markers, pistols, gats, nines, shootin' irons...

Do you...

• ...use a marker that propels paintballs to send opposing athletes to the EPZ?

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • ...use a marker to shoot paintballs and send the other team to the deadbox?

Votes: 135 46.7%
  • ...shoot bullets from your gun to send the other guy to the deadbox?

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • ...shoot bullets from your gat to kill suckers?

Votes: 128 44.3%

• Total voters

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Intheno
actually Loco no I won't, there's enough ill-informed jibberish on here about all that without me getting involved.
I do think it's interesting that no-one can come up with a safe/legal/enforcable/acheivable/viable solution but they still feel its OK to take shots at the various leagues for failing to reach same desired solution.
I think the dedicated PCB is the option that will most likely happen. But you didn't hear me say that.

Back on topic though, its bad enough that the US players are using all that 'gat' talk. It sounds ridiculous from them, but it sounds waaay more ridiculous when the Brits start talking like it. My advice to people that want to slang it up in the UK, try using existing UK slang and saying it in your own accents. All this 'Dude' talk should be left to people who have the accents to pull it off.

You don't see the US players trying to talk like the Brits do you? So why try to talk like them? Isn't it a little silly? I mean, take it out of your paintball team environment and you would just sound like schoolboys with fake american accents wouldn't you?

Tell me if I'm wrong....

I mean, if you, by some freak chance, got on TV, and your family was watching, and there was an interview with you and your team after you won/lost a game, would you talk in the affected US 'chump-talk' thinking it would make you sound cooler, or would you talk normally, because you have to face your family later and you don't want them asking why you were tallking like a twat? Serious question...
You see, problem you have here, is that this is typing, not speaking :) So, you are actually reading it out in your voice (in your head).
So that's just your accent that sounds silly.
Dude. :)
It's no different to accents...... if I go darn sarf my accent alters to reflect it. Online, we are faced with lots of typed "accents" and adapt as such...... I introduced twat and ****er to the States in exchange for dude and sweet. All are now doing well in the wild.
Do you have a mobile? Do you text? Bet you use the abbreviation conventions evertyone else uses........ also bet you don't talk like that IRL.... :)
Language adapts, the world is getting smaller (mainly due to the internet), distance is nothing now. But language has always changed..... it will continue, it's a good, natural thing that we influence each other. Why should that stop?
Why can't the US have our bollocks whilst giving us acces to their fannies?
It's only fair.

Intheno

People's Supermod
Sep 18, 2003
Chicago (South Side)
Visit site
Chicago,
If you had read my posts you would have read that I believe that an 'NPPL board' is the answer to the NPPL's problem.
My thoughts on allowing ramping without insurance I have also explained. Where the 'bollocks' comes in is where you still list 'Allow ramping' like its a sensible option. It isn't.
As for the 'convenience' of the 'one simple thing that would solve the problem', do you mean designing and producing a universal chip that will provide sufficient voltage for any and all electronic markers out there? You think thats so simple it can be done in time for Denver huh? Or San Diego maybe? You are living in cloud-cuckoo-land my friend. So if we look at the board issue as something that can (hopefully) be properly researched and implemented next season, which is clearly the more realistic target, there are only 2 of your options left:

1. 'Allow ramping' - I think we covered that one already

2. Don't allow ramping, or as you so eloquently put it, 'pretend'

Now that I have taken out the solution that is impossible to implement before the end of the season the choices don't look so hot huh?
Probably best to choose the semi-auto option for now, dontcha think? I mean it doesn't stop people from continually saying 'there must be some solution', but at least it doesn't mean playing uninsured with Full Auto guns for the rest of the year.
I suppose I don't really get where you arecoming from. Whats your choice? What is your viable solution, short term, and how do you disagree with the above. Lets hear it.

Duffster - Ban them anyway. Someone has to stop the rot. Ban the Yanks that try to talk like us too. They only want our accents because American girls automativcally want to sleep with us after listening to us talk for 5 mins. The slxts!

JD - they give us access to thier fannies anyway.....
.....and no, I don't do any of that stuff you said.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Where the 'bollocks' comes in is where you still list 'Allow ramping' like its a sensible option.
I didn't say it was sensible. It's just equally unsensible.

1. 'Allow ramping' - I think we covered that one already

2. Don't allow ramping, or as you so eloquently put it, 'pretend'
But don't you understand that ITS THE SAME CHOICE?

Choice one is ramping. Choice two is ramping with your head in the sand saying "There's definitely no ramping here!"

Anyway, I'm not complaining about choosing semi. Semi is the only way to go. I'm complaining about choosing anything other than certified boards and pretending that you have semi-only.

Saying that you have 15 bps limited ramping is a lie. Saying that you have semi-auto only is a lie. IT just so happens that for the mooment, semi-auto is the bigger lie because people havn't gotten motivated about cheating the 15 bps limit en masse yet, but that's coming.

Semi-auto is dead. It's a myth. Doesn't exist. You CAN'T choose semi-auto. The CLOSEST thing you can do to choosing semi auto is to choose to have a semi-auto rule on the books while most of your players have 20 bps ramping and you pick a few players each event to sacrifice to illegal gun penalties - most likely players who didn't know their gun was illegal in the first place (because if they did, they wouldn't have let you "catch" them.)

Actually, I heard PSP wanted to keep semi-only too, but they wern't able to teach their refs how to pull the trigger. *ba-da-ching!*

for the record any fool who wastes my ass is gonna get lit up like a f*cking christmas tree next time i see him
being pc sucks it means you cannot laugh at anything in life lke the tsunami there was some hilarious footage of a baby surfing down a 60 foot wave asleep on a matress and yet i only found it funny because he survived im not saying the tsunami was funny im sayig that that footage was and if i want to call my marker mr bunny then thats my choice

great forum by the way

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by silentbob182
for the record any fool who wastes my ass is gonna get lit up like a f*cking christmas tree next time i see him
being pc sucks it means you cannot laugh at anything in life lke the tsunami there was some hilarious footage of a baby surfing down a 60 foot wave asleep on a matress and yet i only found it funny because he survived im not saying the tsunami was funny im sayig that that footage was and if i want to call my marker mr bunny then thats my choice

great forum by the way

Why, something particularly special about your ass that makes it too good to waste? Got a team mate who'd like to meet you if this is the case.

And being PC doesn't stop you laughing at babies caught in tsunamis.

Not being a twat does that.

:)

Still call mine a marker, but just because I do, first place I played called them that, and it stuck...... no decision, not being PC. Just happen to call it a marker. Not bothered what anyone calls them, marker is what pops into my head when I see one...... and a gun is a gun. Just my vocabulary, not a statement.
Anyway, only a matter of time before the word "gun" becomes an offence in England, so get used to not saying it :)

MikeJones_Marshall

Paint Magnet
Aug 2, 2004
in a house
www.spacekadett.co.uk
anyone remember this ..."dominate with pain, dominate with pain"... the yank that said that on a video wants 'eliminating' fantastic start.

We are always going to be let down by the few and not the many. Most of the americans I have played with are lovely people who also play fair.

We need to get the beeb on board, would be great on a saturday afternoon after the horses and cricket. "we are now live with (robbo?) from the NEC for the british round of the millenium series". (then have interactive multiscreen by hitting the red button) Just like f1 used to have.

The Beeb have tried unusal stuff out on a regular basis, ie; CART @ rockingham in 2001(live) & 2002(prerecorded).