The Home Of European Paintball

Time to face the music and dance Mark and Headrock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark790.06

Apr 2, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Your run-of-the-mill horror movie can be more gruesome than a still picture couple of bloated sadists. And if showing their pictures can save a few lives, both American and Iraqi, then it's worth it. Admittedly, the media can get a little carried away though.

I think those who are saying we're hypocrites for showing the bodies, have always believed such a thing anyway.

And lay off my man Rummy! He's awesome!

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
????????? OK then it's OK to show dismembered/bloated/maimed corpses of the enemy, I wish I hadn't been so hard on Arab state television now.
Oh, no, hang on, we are allowed to do it, 'cos they wear different clothes to us.

And there are lots of things we could do to "save a few lives" that don't get done.

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
????????? OK then it's OK to show dismembered/bloated/maimed corpses of the enemy, I wish I hadn't been so hard on Arab state television now.
Oh, no, hang on, we are allowed to do it, 'cos they wear different clothes to us.

Before I start to disagree with you:),I fully agree it sets a horrible precedent that every dictator and 2 bit thug can parade dead bodies down the street because of this..

Now while I believe the US did this for the Iraqi people and our troops,its not the same type of propoganda stations like Al Jazerra use to inflame the Middle East..Theres a fine line between showing thier bodies to Iraqis in the hope that the region will see there gone forever and Saddams goons gleefully showing pictures of dead marines with bullet holes in thier heads goin"lookey here,we got us some infidels"..If we were showing Iraqi soldiers executed and dragged through the streets,id be just as mortified and extremely pissed...Im not sure comparing these 2 is quite the same..But thats just in my eyes based on my morals..I cant speak for the Middle east and what they think of them or the way it was presented..I still dont think media outlets should have run them here but I had no objections to letting the Iraqis get hold of em..

And there are lots of things we could do to "save a few lives" that don't get done.

What??Like get France,Germany,and India to send troops to help stabilize the country..:rolleyes:We already asked and it aint happening,so it looks like its just the US,Britain,Poland,and Japan sending over a few people to grasp contol..Maybe a few more countries 2..Could be in for a long haul...

Mark790.06

Apr 2, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Now you're getting it!

Seriously though, showing pictures of Uday and Qusay is different than GI Joe in many respects. Not the least of which is that these guys were the ones pushing the buttons, not some grunt sweating his ass off in a Humvee for $800 a month.
I appreciate the precedent this sets too, but I see no alternative.
Bringing up the differences in clothing styles in a vain effort to accuse our government of being racist wasn't entirely unexpected coming from you either.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
When did I mention your government? read back.I specifically said I was commenting on the media, not the war. So read before you have a go.
And sorry if I find publishing gruesome photos to sell papers a bit distasteful.

Mark790.06

Apr 2, 2003
Florida
Visit site
When did I mention your government? read back.
OK
Seeing as the media, at least ours, is not under any government control (with the acception of nudity and bad language), nor would they ever had had access to the images without the US government releasing them.
Just as al-Jazeera, although state controlled, would never had had the images of our dead without the cooperation of the Baathists, added to the opinion I know you have of our government, I made an honest mistake.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yeah, and his nuclear weapon plants, and he also stole the lost city of Atlantis and buried that, plus the evidence that proved OJ was guilty and.....................

For god's sake, if the inspection teams weren't bright enough to think "hey guys, maybe he buried them in all that sand, d'ya think?" then frankly, he deserves to keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.