Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Time Wars....

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
OneManBand - BTW i have new toys now - chinese rope dart and chinese broadsword - not tried either with fire yet, but maybe by then i'll have put in enough hours practice ... ;)

EDIT 8/07 - Rope dart works on fire ;)

Sorry - getting off topic! IMO it's about time the south arranged a scenario - why are they all up north?? Maybe this explains why the northern monkeys have kicked our asses at NvS for the last 3 year - lack of practice down south! (well, that and their incessant wiping).

Can the Campaign Management please confirm that Northerners making the journey south for timewars will be re-educated into the unique southern custom of 'Leaving the Field once Hit' ;)

Peace...for now..

woodyudet

Kent Rangers
Apr 22, 2006
Kent
www.kentvolunteers.co.uk
Sorry - getting off topic! IMO it's about time the south arranged a scenario - why are they all up north??

Peace...for now..
To be fair, the best two UK scenario games so far this year [IMHO] have both been in the south - Operation Flashpoint in March and Invasion 1940 in June

More southern games is a good thing though - am looking forward to seeing the details of this one.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Yeah, but Flashpoint and Invasion are very Mil-Sim. For me a paintball scenario is not fighting a war but dressing up in ridiculaous costimes and having a lot of fun - when did you last see a panda or wampa or big gal al or kenny or darth vader etc etc at a milsim? ;)

Timewars has many costume possibilities :)

woodyudet

Kent Rangers
Apr 22, 2006
Kent
www.kentvolunteers.co.uk
Yeah, but Flashpoint and Invasion are very Mil-Sim. For me a paintball scenario is not fighting a war but dressing up in ridiculaous costimes and having a lot of fun - when did you last see a panda or wampa or big gal al or kenny or darth vader etc etc at a milsim? ;)

Timewars has many costume possibilities :)
true, true ... but if the scenario is historically based e.g, '1940' then you're going to get people dressing up appropriately as winston churchill or Fallschirmjaeger rather than furry animals or cartoon characters.

Flashpoint was mods and rockers though this year so you had people running around in parkas which was funny :)

My personal preference is more for the historical stuff as not being an Science fiction fan I often know next to nothing about Staargate, Dr Who etc. I imagine the reverse is also true for others .

Still usually good fun though. Its horses for courses I guess and there seems a fair mix of historical and SF based games to cater for various tastes.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Update

Just been chatting to Niall and Olly. The sceanio is written, props being made, daleks already onsite and a mahuuuusive Dark Tower being erected at Effingham ;)

I think this will be the most fun scenario of the year!

WATCH THIS SPACE - booking website goes live in a few days!

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
hell yeah! loads of bare chested hunks with long hair and loincloths and the other half dressed in leather, denim and cowboy boots...mmmm!

Except this is Surrey, not Hollywood and in reality few ballers are hunks, apart from my one ;)