Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Time Wars....

legiont3

May 18, 2006
Just booked in now, almost 170 people signed up according to ian, so it sounds like its going to be one mental day on sun!

we're all gonna camp and we all live about 15 mins away, theres gonna be beer and a big fire fgs! are you not men ?!

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Who-hoo! Brill day! EVIL conquer and win the game.

OK first thing i want to say is Bah Humbug to all you wusses who didn't camp. Sat nite was a balmy 10c, the bonfire and company were both warm and there was FREE booze and chilli all night, courtesy of Niall. You guys who missed the cardboard box game missed a lot of fun ;)

Then the day itself. Wow! The props were something to behold - respect to Andy Beard - is there nothing you can't make from a bit of wood??? The demat guns and the Dark Tower were awesome!

What i liked best (and it's hard to pick one thing) was that the scenarios were well thought out and varied (kudos to Olly Bell) but also FUN! Each field held something new and if you took time to read the rules for each scenario it was totally achievable, but you had to work for it!

The refs were a great bunch. Friendly, helpful and they made the day run smoothly without any problems. Thanks lads and lasses. Well done Niall for not scrimping on the refs - i think the ratio was something like 8:1 and it showed, as the game ran without hitch and i think the refs enjoyed it as much as the players did. I reffed a while and played a while and i had as much fun doing both.

The fact that the whole site wasn't open all the time (and i confess that originally had my reservations) actually made the day run better- there were always 2 fields to choose from and having the dedicated respawn points made the game run very smoothly and kept the action flowing and concentrated on where it needed to be.

I really haven't got a bad thing to say about this game - there was even toilet paper in the loos at hometime, 4500 fills all day and the coffee was proper Nescafe.

Niall - well done m8. Even tho this was your first scenario, imo it ticked ALL the boxes and then some!

xx Gups

Yaris

Greg(Hawks)
May 14, 2007
What a fantastic day that was one fo the best me and the lads have been too, make sure u get it going next year.... thanks to everyone that made this a day to remeber, also good on all players, all played fair for what i saw and was fun.

I think that we all won and we will all keep winning if we can keep it like this for all big games.

Anyway lads gtg a work calls at 4 am tommorrow.

Good job unit and torchwood,well played rangers, half dirst dozen and thanks to all the Hawks and thank u all for such a good game.

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Cant Say I enjoyed it...

i spent all day and most of my paint trying to fix my 2 broken guns : / played 2 halfs of games
but that was entierly my fault... ramping on the cocker Made the lug nut come loose so it wouldnt fire... and the timmy :| who knows ^^ opened a tech post...
However the raffel was brill... got myself some lock lids which will come in hand
Must say the Diablo paint i usually love was shocking.....
Hopefully itll bring some new blood into the walkon club Every month second Sunday ;)
Was a good Day For Everyone Without The Problems Well Done...

Cocker is now fixed and im about to buy a set of Alen Keys for All the Bits...

Stupid ramp making my lug loose !!

Thanks To Mr BelSales With The PIMP'in Cockers

RobSJ

Ronin
Jan 3, 2007
Richmond
www.facebook.com
What an awesome day well done Niall, thanks to all the marshals the day went off without a hitch, i am admitedly covered in bruises but i really dont care as it was such an ace day. Kudos to Andy beard all the props were amazing, and the dark tower was excellant, i had so much fun, it was just cool the fact that there were always a few games going and you could choose where you wanted to play as well as where your team needed backing up, it was excellant, all in all i can not wait for the next one down at campaign, as i am there with bells on. Anyway thanks again to Niall all the Marshalls and to Andy, also Olly for an ace scenario, cheers guys rob

woodyudet

Kent Rangers
Apr 22, 2006
Kent
www.kentvolunteers.co.uk
brilliant fun!

A big thank you to everyone involved in organising the Timewars Game at campaign. I had a really good time and thought it was a great addition to the scenario calendar. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and hope that there is a game scheduled for October 2008

Highlights of the day

Innovation
The rolling fields format was an excellent idea for making use of the diverse fields and helped add some strategic elements into the game as you weren't always quite sure which field was the most important. Seeing a player run through a wood with an inflatable Dalek was uber funny.

The subplots were great fun - the spider drop vs Dangerous Brian was a great idea, and one of the highlights of the day for me was malleting the Sontarians. Fighting against them was a real giggle :D

Good Facilities
Air to 4500 psi
Lots of Chronos
Lots of air fill stations
Large well designed safe zone area and shooting range
Easy sign in and admin
Good pre-game briefing

Good Marshalling
Marshals were really switched on, running into the line of fire to do paint checks and also BPS and chrono checks. It made a real difference to the game in my view as it re-assured players that the other team were on the level. Marshals were also pretty chipper despite the number of times they had to re-issue me with an armband in the final mission

added bonus
Fantastic Raffle with lots of great prizes.

Thoughts for next year

Scenario briefing: It would have been useful to have had the scenario mission briefing in advance, especially if we could have downloaded it from the website. I didn't actually have time to read it in the morning. The pre-game briefing made up for this though as it gave me a general idea of what it was all about.

Game starts: It was frustrating on a couple of occasions where the blue team had assembled at the start gate of a new mission but the mission didn't start on time. This wasn't due to the marshals not being ready, but rather the opposition! At field 3 we had to wait about 10 minutes for some reds to appear before the game was allowed to start; was frustrating as we [blue] had organised ourselves sufficiently to try and mallet the reds at mission start.

Final Thoughts
I hope there are plans for a game at Campaign in October 2008. I noticed that there were parts of the site we didn't get to play on despite the 5 missions and sub-plots. Its a good site and October is a good place in the calendar as it splits out the southern scenario games evenly across the year.

PS

Big shout out to Going Postal, Dirty Half Dozen [providing dummy runs against Dangerous Brian :shock: - braver than me!], Gommie, Adam and Redbourne Rangers. Was great to see some familiar faces again and also to meet some people for the first time. Everyone seemed keen to have a fun relaxed time and that made the game really enjoyable.

Big thank you to Hath for organising the good guys - we seemed to have the better hand over the bad guys during the 'rolling missions' 1-4 due to getting people to the right fields at the right time

Big thank you to the photographers - am really looking forward to seeing the photos.

legiont3

May 18, 2006
If carlsberg hosted a Paintball scenario it would probably still not be as good as Campaigns!

As always campaign have stepped upto the mark and showed everyone why they claim to be the best paintball site around - Its because they Are!.

What a rocking Weekend, Excellent player party, Free Booze and Food, Fire Spinning, Party games and a Camp Fire followed by a whole day of Ranger Spanking fun.

Cant wait to see the photos!,

see you at the Next Walkon, lets aim for say 200 players? and maybe a few daleks?.

Regards,

leGion aka Jim.