Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann Response Trigger, Uk Legal?

Just a note on buying from the US, although your friend has been told £285 delivered the company he's buying from don't mention the "hidden" extras. He might find that on top of that he'll get VAT from UK customs at 17.5% and import duty at a further 9% plus courier companies also levy a charge for clearing it it through customs on your behalf which can be anything up to another £20 on top. the £285 delivered could end up being £380.

Even with very good exchange rates like we have at present the general rule of thumb is what you see it priced for in US$ on the web is roughly the same as you'll end up paying by the time you actualy get your hands on it.

Personally I'd always recommend buying in the UK simply ecause you have the back up if something goes wrong. I knew a guy who bought a gun that never worked from the day he bought it. Leaked from every seal no matter what he did to it. After 8 months he finally got a replacement and that was just as bad as the first one. I hasten to add it was not a Tippman by the way :)

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Just to add

An extra to Hatts posting

And the customs could impound the package and then you have to explain what it is and how it works etc...... It has happened several times.

I bought some products from the US a couple of years ago (price quoted was delivered) it cost double by the time it arrived at my door.

Buy from the UK it makes sense!!

Steve:)

ianraw

Jul 29, 2004
chaddy oldham
Visit site
havocpaintball are selling tipmann a5s with flatline and response trigger for 300 quid on ebay and it comes with a one year warranty.
i have been told the trigger is legal so long as you dont have to hold it down to get continous shots cos the trigger is always moving its legal

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
cheers for all the info guys, UK is the way to go, tho i might add that i got my spyder from the states, and it didnt get custom-ised.

He keeps dissapearing on TA things, but ive give him all the info, when hes ready hell get one or something, im gonna leave him to it and get a nice shiny 2nd hand eblade for myself :D.

Thanks again
-Ste.

ScottishWarrior

Team P.B.A
Sep 23, 2003
I get all my kit form the US even with tax it is still cheaper. Nothing has failed me yet but there is a 1st time for everything.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
I think it all depends who you get at customs tho... a while back a friend bought a Tippmann 98 from USA (bog standard) and it got impounded by customs. When he phoned them and gave it all the verbal they said all they needed was an email/fax from someone who works in the paintball business to say the marker did not contravene UK firearms acts. I jotted down a quick email and the marker was released next day..... BUT Customs didn't know if i really had anything to do with paintball or even what i said was legit... seems a bit silly to seize a marker not knowing what it is and then release it on the grounds of an email from any tom dick or harriet!