Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

To all site marshalls.......

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by Leper
My boss even tells them that the paintball will go through their eyes and into the backs of their skulls (which I take to be bollocks but its still a grisly mental image).

it aint bollocks mate. the laws of physics make it true. your eye can't stand a paintball shot and the retina can barely stand one. it will blind you in one eye and depending on the paint possibly in the other and it could also brain damage or kill you....simple as.

if he was about to definatly fly kick me then i'd tell him him what a prat he was and tell him nobody will benefit from his death as he's signed a disclaimer waivering all legal rights. Then just walk away. His problem. Do however try to get him to put it back on before you walk away.

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
hehe

Originally posted by cockersrule
well u cant hit em back, but as i said, tell them what will happen, and they WILL listen....if they dont then call over someone a little larger like robin;)
i rarely ever have any troubles with people back chatting or aggresive behaviour towards me...but if someone was in this kind of mood and wouldn't put their mask on and were being agressive towards me... i would probably get them on the ground shove their mask on their face and pin them face down until they had calmed down... (i find this tends to work if i am in an aggressive situation elsewhere... i can't really afford to fight someone properly because people will agree i'm a big bloke...) I know that these measures may seem unproffessional. but in my eyes it is far more proffessional than arguing with them my main priority when marshalling is the safety of the punters and if someone is bieng a dick and not cooperating then i think that using force in order to protect them is neccerssary...if they were shot in the eye while you were 'persuading' them they would probably sue... they may try and take action against you for assaulting them however you have a good defence in that you were actually protecting them from harm...
Robin

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Originally posted by Half-Pint
.......what do you do when a goober, sorry, customer attempts to fly kick you for telling him to put his mask on. bear in mind its the last game so simply excluding them has no real effect.

Hp
Well here is what I actually did to this customer (goober)....

.... we were having a very bad morning, our guns kept going down on us and we didn't have enough spares or marshalls to deal with it. This goober's gun kept going down, he must have been like the anti-marker or something, but anyway, he was getting very pissed off and ended up taking his mask off when I gave him the new marker. I had already told him about 10 times to keep his mask on (it was the last game of the day). This time I shouted it at him in my somewhat scary marshall voice. Opps, I think he kinda snapped at that point, he swung for me a couple of times, thankfully only to find some very thin air and not my head, he then tried to simply push me over but failed dismally there. All through this I was talking to him calmly telling him that it was his eyes and you WILL lose them if you are shot in them. I was also screaming over the radio for HP to come give me a hand, but Goober Mk2 had left his radio at the safe zone so I was on my own.
Anyways, I eventually got pissed off with the punch bag role and told him to follow me off the field, which he kindly did, when we left the edge of the woods I turned round to see his foot at about my chest height and me between him and a moat. Luckly I caught the foot and he just stopped, of course he did the whole Ice Hockey throwing the mask down and drawing himself up to me. Again I told him that I was doing this for his own good and I wasn't really in the mood for a fight (I had my mask and a pair of sunglasses on so he couldn't see my laughing my head off!).
So I accompanied him back to the safe zone (walking backwards all the way to ensure he didn't jump on my back).
Personally I think I dealt with him pretty well, the best bet is to be harsh but don't loose your temper, if they look like they are going to get out of hand make sure you have some backup. I was happy in the knowledge that I could handle him and if needs be our boss is big enough to scare a bear. Try not to aggravate the person, talk to him/her in a calm voice and just explain why you are doing what you are doing. Also just keep your eyes open for incoming fists, its always nice to be able to dodge what the particular goober throws at you.

Robin can get away with holding most guys down because he is a 18 stone rugby player, but for us ickle front players its gotta be easier to talk the guy down. If needs be call the game to a stop.

Thats a point actually, maybe all the marshalls should have a whistle so that they can stop the game if something happens. I'd never thought of that before.

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
hears what you do show your authority. and dont look scared just look him in the eyes and tell him dont ask hiim to get his goggles and his face. but if they do it in the middle of a game i usually run at them and force them to the ground whilst shoving their goggs back on their face. just use your authority and no one will question you. you have to be in control from the start of the day

kyle

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Smally85
I had already told him about 10 times to keep his mask on
Think i may have spotted ur mistake........what was he still doing playing if you had alrady told him 10 times!!??!?!

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
You get one warning then u fcuk off home at our site, the thing with touching a player is you leave yourself open to so many law suits its unbelievable, especially if your using force in order to put him on the deck. If he fell on a root or rock u'd be liable for the full extent of his injury's. If a player lifts his goggles tell him 2 put em down n if he dont let him walk around without em on. As soon as he gets back if its not the last game tell him he cant play the rest of the day. if it is the last game lucky him if he dont get shot and read his disclaimer to make sure he never plays at your site again.
About the violence tho if i player started swinging at me id get the fcuker arrested by the old bill mate, ring em up get em down n make em arrest him before he can leave the site.