Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Training Drills

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
Sorry, but fun training is not "good" training.
I completely disagree. JB from Dynasty has visited the Northern Quarter and held clinics on technique, and they are a lot of fun! :D

You can't exactly say that a pro international player is someone who "thinks he knows what he's doing and just gives more bad habits and advice" now can you?

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
I completely disagree. JB from Dynasty has visited the Northern Quarter and held clinics on technique, and they are a lot of fun! :D

You can't exactly say that a pro international player is someone who "thinks he knows what he's doing and just gives more bad habits and advice" now can you?
ryan greenspan from dynasty ;)

JB - XSV ;)

just for future reference :p

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby

I think your missing the point there in beakers post.
Pro clinics , trainning DVD's and the like are all good to show you how to get started and help you know what drills to do at your own trainning days.

If your going to train, the most obvious reason you go is to get better. If you just turn up at your team trainning just to have fun and play games, your not really going to improve much or at all unless your team or yourself do some proper drills over and over again.

For some players , its all fun, some players might say, why take it so serious. But if you dont improve as a team, why bother playing any tournaments and get owned. Sooner or later other teams are going to get better, and leave you behind.
The whole point of playing tournaments is to win, and if those that say they dont care if they win or lose, just want to have fun, your wasting not only your own cash, your team money as well. Dont be surprised if your team drops you from the team if you have this kind of attitude.

Those who just want a bit of fun, can do, there are sup'air walkons, just go out and play games, but you cannot really call that trainning.

This post not directed at anyone, just my 2pence:)

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
If anyone can think of a fun way to practice bringing your marker up quickly and accurately from the SG I'd love to hear it lol. Drills aren't nescessarily fun, but training doesn't have to be crap. We always chuck in a few quick games to lighten it up while putting into practice whatever we were just drilling and to see what we need to practice most. It beats shooting boxes solidly for 4 hrs, and isn't entirely without purpose. We're just a Uni team though, so probably best to listen to the other guys

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
tranning games

a good game my old team game up with is

ok u need 6 player's

a paintball fild(overly)

ok splite thous 6 player in to teams of 3

get the fastest player from each team and take there gun away from them that player is the V.I.P

the other two players are invisable if they get shot all they have to is go bk to the start gate and wait 10 secs and ur bk (+ wipe the paint off)

the objective of the game is to ur V.I.P to the other team start gate

how ever if ur vip gets shot hes out and all u can do is make it a draw by elimting there vip

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk

ok u need 6 player's

a paintball fild(overly)

get the fastest player from each team and take there gun away from them that player is the V.I.P

the other two players are invisable if they get shot all they have to is go bk to the start gate and wait 10 secs and ur bk (+ wipe the paint off)

how ever if ur vip gets shot hes out and all u can do is make it a draw by elimting there vip
As far as drills go this is pointless, why cant everyone just stick to the normal types which can help both personal and team performance.

im not quoting drills just a few basic things people can work on. Make your own drills not that difficult.
Personal-

Snap shooting
running and gunning
sliding
sweet spotting etc

Teams
Breakouts
Working together
Breaking a cross
Keeping a cross
communication

etc etc

This would be a lot more useful to discuss then lets take a vip through a supair field with guys all shooting 15bps at this person while he or she has no gat:rolleyes:

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
im sorry

As far as drills go this is pointless, why cant everyone just stick to the normal types which can help both personal and team performance.

im not quoting drills just a few basic things people can work on. Make your own drills not that difficult.
Personal-

Snap shooting
running and gunning
sliding
sweet spotting etc

Teams
Breakouts
Working together
Breaking a cross
Keeping a cross
communication

etc etc

This would be a lot more useful to discuss then lets take a vip through a supair field with guys all shooting 15bps at this person while he or she has no gat:rolleyes:
tht is a very good drill that helps you with supporting each other

also comicasion

and gerall game play

seany boy

(. Y .)
May 25, 2005
York / Manchester
Visit site

ok u need 6 player's

a paintball fild(overly)

Sounds like a recball scenario that I did when I first went paintballing....