Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TV- the smaller tornments

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Will you be contributing money and/or labour to setting up this walkway? Because I'm fairly confident Syd has enough to do when setting up an event without the additional expense and effort of making a gangway if there's going to be, at best, a very limited PR benefit.
wouldnt be able to contribute cash, but would help set up the walkway(in the reading events, + if im suppling the camra and software i dont think its like im making im paty for evry thing

Err, text and still images from http:www.paintballpictures.co.uk

Other than the expense and effort, why, get in the thick of, just like Ray, Neil & I do, getting shot to bits on the tape, along with the refs. I'm sure if you wanted an overview then Sud would be willing to put you up in the cherry picker!

TBH Syd would welcome anyone who could seriously add video to the webcast, he floated the idea during the off season, but there were no takers for it. Sure the viewing figures would be low, may be your mum would tune in to see if she can see you playing, but it would be something to take to the sponsors. Maybe a better idea would to do a series of interviews with the sponsors on site, organisers and team captains, ultimates etc. Get some of the atmosphere without having technical difficulties of trying to make a game that has no single focal point interesting to the outside world.
im happy to do the intervuws as well but i would want to say like intervew the capten of a team before and after the game

pablo666

I personally play the NSPL KOTH series with Crackshots and have been for the past year. I feel its a great idea and if you have actually BEEN to these events, you will know and understand the team spirit. We always arrive at Reading the day before the tournament and I know that if it created publicity etc., Crackshots would be more than willing to help with setting up, perhaps even some funding, but of course, i am 1 player for Crackshots and this is my view, not run the idea through the rest of the team but i am sure that we would be more than willing to work around Syd and set up the walkway etc. If other teams who stay also got involved, it would actually work. The spirit at these tournaments i have found is awesome, People are always willing to lend players and equipment if another team is in a spot of trouble and so i don't see why this spirit couldn't be carried to helping set up this idea, as after all, it is also us who are being filmed so we gain benefit from it as well. This idea could always be done at UCZ as well as Reading as all of Crackshots live 20 minutes so could even help with setting up weeks before if needed etc.
Just an idea, open to critisism(sp?) etc.
Regards Christian

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
if you cannot do live streaming and tv then hows about recording the entire thing, create a website then link to youtube. you can make the site with some kinda paypal donation link and possibly burn tournaments to DVD allowing people to buy the tournaments to watch on their tv?

i havent read all the posts so this mighta been suggested but this is technically what ONE4ONE.tv do but on a local tournament level.

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
if you cannot do live streaming and tv then hows about recording the entire thing, create a website then link to youtube. you can make the site with some kinda paypal donation link and possibly burn tournaments to DVD allowing people to buy the tournaments to watch on their tv?

i havent read all the posts so this mighta been suggested but this is technically what ONE4ONE.tv do but on a local tournament level.
this is a much better idea than streaming live. Because the people who are going to want to watch it are those playing, but they can't if its live.

pablo666

I also agree, this idea is great as it not only allows the chance for new players to see what kind of standards there are in the leagues they would enter, but it allows the teams playing to also buy the dvd and use this to improve their game and overall skills, which i think, would make it much more popular.
Christian

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
it was suggested, but we need to have a walk way so we can see the hole field and get a desent video
Please go take a look at some videos from One4one, Derder, MWAG etc.

These are some of the leading paintball film makers, how many of them have used a 'walkway' to get a decent video of the whole field?

I have been on-field media at UK, Millennium and PSP tournaments, I have yet to see such a walkway in place.

Get down & dirty with the players, refs and the existing photographers, at ground level amongst the muck and bullets, instead of expecting organisers to cater to your 'special needs' requirements.

Personally I feel it would be pretty dull if you just filmed every game from an aerial viewpoint, I would probably fall asleep within a couple of minutes. As said above, capture some of the atmosphere, by all means include some on field action, but really what I feel is required is an overview of the event. Take a specific look at MWAGs award winning TV ad spot for Empire, 30 seconds of pure gold!