Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Disgrace

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
A lot of us in UK ball have long since realised we were in a bit of trouble if parity with some of our European Paintball cousins was ever to be achieved.
I think what made our situation worse, or at least seemed worse, was the knowledge we were once actually the best European country in terms of competitive teams.
I know it was some time ago but hey, we were the European guv'nors and I was intensely proud to be part of that pack.
The rest of Europe looked toward us guys for innovation and direction...and now?
For the past year or so I have been on here banging the drum of commitment in an attempt to spike people's conscience and endeavour to improve themselves as ballers.
Part of our problem is undoubtedly the miserable bunch of site owners we have over here who would rather put greenbacks in their pocket than invest in any sort of serious business development plan.
Anyway, to the point of this thread, I been speaking to a few of the Millennium guys of late and our flagship tournament, the Campaign Cup, where all of us who have any Paintball aspirations should be entering.

The role call of UK teams already signed up is an absolute disgrace with only 28 UK teams registered out of a 100 teams who have already signed on.
And this with 5 weeks to go !!!!!!
The M5 is already two thirds full and most are not UK teams, a lot of UK teams are going to miss out unless we pull our fingers outa our ass. At only 350 quid a team for two days Paintball and 12 games it seems a crying shame to let the European boys dominate.

The Paris tournament had the following : France had 37 out of 56 teams in the M5, and 27 out 51 in Div 3 and 15 out of 37 in Div 2.
In total they had 96 teams from France !!!!!!!!!

This year sees a more compact set up with 4 fields in the centre stadium with all amenities close at hand. The trade show is already looking like it will be the biggest in Europe and for God's sake guys (and Rosie), if we can't even support our own Millennium event, then we really don't have a leg to stand on when some guys get on these boards and begin ruing the demise of UK ball.
For a lot of our up and coming teams, and for guys and teams who just love playing ball, the Campaign Cup is about the best event you are ever gonna attend, it's a chance to share in the big time and we really need to start seeing teams from all over the UK entering into the Div 2 and Div 3 brackets to go strut their stuff.
The Campaign Cup is not about winning, it really ain't, it's about being part of it, to be able to say, 'You were there'.
For young teams coming through it's a must where you can taste the atmosphere and see what real ball is like when you go watch the Champions League playing host to Europe's finest pros with teams like Joy, Ton Tons, Menace and our own Shockwave and Tigers.
Some of the Euro teams also have some of the world's best Yanks over here playing for them so any aspiring baller gets a real chance to see the best of the best.

FFS guys, let's at least make an effort to attend our own event !!!

Samurai

www.samuraipaintball.com
May 2, 2005
UK
www.samuraipaintball.com
Robbo said:
only 28 UK teams registered out of a 100 teams who have already signed on.
And this with 5 weeks to go !!!!!!
Not good news! This is the event all UK teams should be aiming to play! No excuses when it's on your doorstep either.

We'll be there for our first Millennium event and are already paid up - be nice to see some more UK representation though!!

O

ollytheosteo

C'mon Pete, you know the only time the UK teams get enthused about the CC is in the traditional pre-event sandbagging accusation thread:rolleyes:

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
ollytheosteo said:
C'mon Pete, you know the only time the UK teams get enthused about the CC is in the traditional pre-event sandbagging accusation thread:rolleyes:
Good point.

Shame though, although if there ever was a Millennium Trophy for talking a good game, the UK would be all over it.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
ollytheosteo said:
You know it ;)

You've been playing 10 years you shouldn't be in Div 3 blah blah blah ;)

PS if you aren't playing, WHY :D, it's at Crystal Palace!!
I don't have the moneeeeey :(, but I'll be there to shout for nexus ;)

p8ntballer690

Aug 3, 2006
Would love to play

Was really looking forward to this, my first campaign cup

Unfortunately my team has royally f**ked me in the arse.

Was getting ready to sign up when most of the squad announced they were leaving and setting up their own team to play campaign, leaving us thats left without anywhere near a full squad.

You b%*&^rds!

Would love to play, but now can't

PB690

P.S. Yes this not my usual ID, sponsor issues