Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Legal Tank?

Dec 7, 2012
The more research i'm doing, the more worried im getting.

Found a thread here regarding the new Guerrilla Air tanks which are tri certified and DONT have a DOT on them. The GA rep on the forum quotes:

"I can assure you the ISO certification we have is allowed in the US. We are not the first company to release a tri-mark tank in the US."

Followed by:

"Yes I can assure you the tank can be rehydro. If you have a facility that is not certain, feel free to have them e-mail me at gislas@tiberiusarms.com and I will send them the documentation and proof. Unfortunately not every facility is educated on the ISO certification. The tank is good for five years, and can be re hydro for a lifespan of 15 years."

Pretty sure GA wouldnt sell something that wasnt legal.
The unfortunate bit.... those tanks have a Pi mark. I'm starting to feel this tank is going to be good for US use only.

This is especially concerning as i bought the tank a week ago, from another long serving member on this forum after he assured me it was a tri certified tank and good to use globally.

Looks like im going to be down £70 and stuck with a tank i can't use. You guys think i have any comeback on this?

Relevant links:

New GA tanks:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3943134&page=2

US Department of Transportation - DOT vs ISO comparrison:
http://phmsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/PHMSA/DownloadableFiles/Files/ISO11119_2DOTCFFC.pdf

US Government Printing Office Requirements for requalification of UN pressure receptacles:
http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=2f9049c3006d245186655fc1d43a61c9&rg n=div8&view=text&node=49:3.1.1.1.3.3.1.4&idno=49

Last edited:

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
The shop where Alex R got his information from sell Zen bottles which i believe is what you have though the ones they're selling have a different colour scheme and designed bottle, but the label on their bottles does have the Pi mark on it.

Reactions: Alex R

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
As BOD said, my post was copied and pasted off the description I got from a shops website, I could only find that one that had Zen bottles and the iso cert in the description. So I apologise for any miss information.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
[quote="The unfortunate bit.... those tanks have a Pi mark. I'm starting to feel this tank is going to be good for US use only.

This is especially concerning as i bought the tank a week ago, from another long serving member on this forum after he assured me it was a tri certified tank and good to use globally.

Looks like im going to be down £70 and stuck with a tank i can't use. You guys think i have any comeback on this?

quote]

That's something you would have to take up with mods, personally if something is sold and it's not as described then you have a case., i would be asking why they're selling a virtually new bottle in the first place.