Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKPSF Membership

G

Gassy

If they are not willing to part with £15 to try it do they actually realise how much it costs to play if they do like it.

I could see your point if it is like £100 but it isn't.

BZNeil

BZ Paintball Supplies
May 17, 2007
www.bzpaintball.co.uk
If you checkout the UKPSF website you will see which woodsball sites and supair events are covered under UKPSF. With the new federation, events are being sanctioned and working with UKPSF so you have to be a member if you want to play a sanctioned event. Also, if you are a member you are covered by the insurance held by UKPSF. If the proto KOTH or beginners tournament is a sanctioned event you WILL need the insurance.
Actually Leezo you don't have to be a UKPSF member to play those sanctioned scenario events, but you "may" get a discounted entry if you are a member. UKPSF membership is complusory, however, for sanctioned tournament events.

matty s

i want 1 billion dollars!
Aug 28, 2008
s****horpe
Robbo and Leezo I hear what you are saying but how are we going to entice players in if they all have to pay out before they know this is what they want?

In martial arts for example you don't need membership for your first one or two sessions, but from then on you do.

If it is because of air bottles then surely HPAC can help?

If it is more complicated than this how do we get the new players in? I personally love the game, and am trying to recruit more players but it is hard to convince someone to part with their cash before they can give it a try.
wouldnt most people start of as a occasional punter at a woodsball siteanyway instead of going straight to tounament, ive found im in the transition between woodsball and going to sup air days :) then it getting a c**p team sorted haha:)

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Actually Leezo you don't have to be a UKPSF member to play those sanctioned scenario events, but you "may" get a discounted entry if you are a member. UKPSF membership is complusory, however, for sanctioned tournament events.
Gassy,

A scenario player can enjoy their paintball and as shown from the above quote it is not compulsory to have membership.

Now I enjoy tournaments and supair, but how do we get others to do the same? Those who play in the woods already know the cost and for us supair players to find fresh blood we need to recruit.

I know £15 one a year is peanuts in the grand scheme of costs but it is just another hurdle that needs resolving. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but we do need to find a way to help people experience the joys of paintball.

BZNeil

BZ Paintball Supplies
May 17, 2007
www.bzpaintball.co.uk
jitsuwarrior said:
In martial arts for example you don't need membership for your first one or two sessions, but from then on you do
Do you need some form of membership to fight competitively? That is essentially what we're talking about here isn't it....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Gaz, as I have told you in PMS a few times already, somewhere along the line there has to be some degree of trust in what we are doing.
If you can't trust the line up assembled around that table to try and give you guys what you want, for the princely sum of £15 (or whatever) - then you really need to get out of this game and go play tiddlywinks or some pursuit that is commensurate with peanut money.

Now, you can come up with a million and one hurdles if you want, I don't give a rat's ass, what really counts in this world is when you get up off your ass and actually do something - and that is exactly the course of action myself and the rest of the guys (and girls) have done - all I have seen you do is not so much criticize (which you have done) but cast doubt over future directions and slag certain individuals off; now I don't care if you feel as though you had a right to slag them, it is not my concern and nor will it be the concern of the board.
That is exactly the type beahviour I was trying to get rid of in out sport.

And so, I will tell you once more Gaz, ask as many questions as you like, cast as many doubts as you like but eventually it's gonna come down to trust in the early stages of any new initiative and if you really can't generate that from casting your eye over who's sitting on the board then I can't help you, and I don't really wanna answer any more of your questions.
And the reason for that?
Well, I got no time for anybody who cannot /will not give an inch.
This new federation has to be a partnership between board / industry / player and promoter and at the moment mate, all I see is a guy intent on waving the white flag even before we got started.

Leezo

Official Planet Eclipse Tech
Aug 21, 2007
Leadgate
I did mean sanctioned 'tournament' event, soz for the confusion.

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Its all well and good using comparisons with other sports but we are not the same as other sports.

Don't know about the rest of you but I made everyone who wanted to play for my team or even try out purchase UKPSF insurance and it being used at a sanctioned event. It's peace of mind for everyone knowing that if something does happen then things are covered.