Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKPSF Membership

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Currently "sanctioned" events/organisers/venues your UKPSF membership covers your insurance etc.. but you don't have to be a member. Some sanctioned events require membership. I will be changing the word "sanctioned" to avoid any confusion with the sanctioned tournament status.

As several players will point out most tournie players don't just walk off the street and start playing sup'air ball tournaments they will progress via - customers - walk on/recballers - then maybe woodsball tournies or scenarios or both and then onto sup'air tournies. So there is plenty of time to play before you have to pay your UKPSF membership. Personally you should join for piece of mind (and the insurance)

Currently "sanctioned tournaments" you have to be a UKPSF member.

It would be an idea world when players who started at any level above customer paintball were members - it happens in other sports !!

d rabe

STD 2011
Aug 6, 2008
The basement
It has been known at scenario events that you are unable to fill up to 4500psi unless you have the ukpsf membership i believe...:cool:

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
"It has been known at scenario events that you are unable to fill up to 4500psi unless you have the ukpsf membership i believe"

No you can only fill to 4500psi if the filling is fully supervised by an authorised person, at some events they insist on membership as well but the supervised part is the key to 4500 filling

Steve

d rabe

STD 2011
Aug 6, 2008
The basement
thats exactly what i was saying you can not fill up to 4500 as they insist on membership...so for £15 its a bargin:D
or be stuck on 3000 fills

vmaxnick

Not in the face!
Apr 8, 2008
West Country
www.rhino-trikes.co.uk
Ukpsf

I am urge all members of the paintball community to join the UKPSF and unite under one banner.
With the HSE and firearms regulations (VCR and the realistic imitation firearms act) clearing the way for players to theoretically be stopped and searched on the way to a meeting and face prosecution for carrying, what the arresting officer considers to be a realistic imitation firearm! (You may not consider your bling black to blue fade Angel resembles a firearm but he might!) It seems to me that the UKPSF is the body to represent all of us as a united front.
The Scenario players are seriously debating the whole issue on UK Scenario at the moment, it would be worth seeing if any of it applies to sup-air or if the authority's make a distinction between the two!

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Matty, there is a very real need to standardise rules, formats, events, judging and site facilities.
To do this, you need two things, firstly a set of working protocols, some of which are being drawn up now, and secondly, we need the sites, teams and promoters to embrace this need.

The UKPSF (or whatever name we are gonna use) will be the sanctioning body that glues this whole patchwork of paintball interests together.

I hope this goes some way to answering your questions.
Good Post, but when do you think this will happen? I know its an open ended question but realistically? As this type of project can take years setting up any main body or any type of sport or federation. Getting people to agree new rules etc is one thing getting others to follow or embrace new setup is another.

I am a UKPSF member but the fact it doesnt cover all events is a little frustrating sometimes. So a new or renewed Paintball body that covers almost all angles would be very welcome.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Good Post, but when do you think this will happen? I know its an open ended question but realistically? As this type of project can take years setting up any main body or any type of sport or federation. Getting people to agree new rules etc is one thing getting others to follow or embrace new setup is another.

I am a UKPSF member but the fact it doesnt cover all events is a little frustrating sometimes. So a new or renewed Paintball body that covers almost all angles would be very welcome.
...how long's a bit of string?

I got no idea mate and it would be foolhardy of the board to predict any sort of time-line on this.
We are all finding our feet still and it's all well and good coming up with lists of things to be done, but quite another attaching a time-line to it.

All I can say with any surety is, we are dealing with it as best we can; that's the most honest answer I can give mate.

bizy43

Jun 25, 2006
basingstoke
if someone wanted to try s'air wouldn't it pay to actually do some training with an establised team or at a training site first

1 that would'nt kill them had a decent field dont need membership for that or do you

if thay like it they get membership if not they dont

seems simple to me

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
perhaps there could be some sort of refund type system with the membership? along the lines off, you pay, then if u decide paintball isnt for you after your first event, you can get it back, otherwise keep it and play?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
perhaps there could be some sort of refund type system with the membership? along the lines off, you pay, then if u decide paintball isnt for you after your first event, you can get it back, otherwise keep it and play?
Yeah course there is mate, go to this website and just join from there :--

LaLaLand.com