Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Tournment (Happening)

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
If i can get a team together then Coventry might enter this :) I know there is me and Webby that are interested, so if any other players from Cov Uni are on here keeping tabs drop me a pm.

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
Warno360 is from Keele Uni. (near stoke on trent...)
We had a full team last year and went to UKM this year we've got at least a five man team with a few new hopefuls.
I've been watching these things for a couple of years n' nothing ever seems to come of them. Misgivings aside I'm in and so is my team.
The team at the moment is attached to the paintball society but I'm currently in the process of trying to get an official paintball team set up within the athletic union. It may not be immediately obvious why I'm telling you this but I'm constantly running into the problem that BUCS and the other agencies that the AU answers to don't consider paintball to be a sport and if you guys can help with that all I can say is I'm in!

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
Update on the situation
If we get enough response and more than 16 teams wish to play, then we can up the amount of teams and use the second field at BZ Dishforth. We are currently looking at each of the 16 teams playing 8 games each on the Sunday the tournament takes place.

PAINT
As we have said, you can bring your own paint or buy it from the site. The price of a box of paint will be between £20 and £30 although a minimum of £2 from each box will be put aside for CASH PRIZES. This means the more paint bought over the 2 days, the higher the cash prizes

DEPOSITS
We will be starting to take deposits as of Monday 19th October. Different ways of paying will be put in an email sent back to any team/player that is interested in the event.

sted_216

Aug 12, 2009
I know this might be a stupid question but will the site have a few rental markers i'm trying to get a team going at swansea uni but i'm having no luck finding any own gunners.

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
Latest update:

Camping for any spectators at the event will ONLY cost £5 per person!!!!!!!!!
Watching the event is absolutely free and the money gained from spectators paying for the camping will be put towards prize money. This means that if we get 100 people to watch the event, there will be a prize fund of over £500 and thats before we add money from buying the paint.

On Monday, the details of how to pay the deposit will be posted on this thread with regular updates of which teams are playing. The first 8 teams to pay their deposit will also get first choice of when they want to play their games on the Sunday

As always, any queries or questions can be sent to "uni.paint@hotmail.co.uk" or send us a pm

Stee-vo

***zone - Annan
Aug 19, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Great idea

This sounds like a fantastic idea and one that would be very good for paintballs profile in the UK. We get a lot of students play at prozone so I sure there are plenty of student players out there. I for one would be happy to advertise this at my site to encourage students to join in.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
sounds good however if teams no longer need free lancers to fill positions and more people from uni's that dont have a society or team then would you allow a mix match team?

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
sounds good however if teams no longer need free lancers to fill positions and more people from uni's that dont have a society or team then would you allow a mix match team?
Primarily, no. Although we do want to increase the knowledge of paintball to the UK and encourage greater participation nationwide, we still want to run an inter-uni competition. However, as this will be the starting year, the idea of mix and match teams for this event (and the possible event in April/May) will be considered under 1 of 2 circumstances:
1. There hasn't been enough interest generated between Uni's and we don't have 16 teams
2. If we have a high demand for mix and match teams that would lead to more teams playing

Either way, a final decision about that point will be made by the end of November so thats teams have enough noticification

OttoVonLarnie

Oct 17, 2009
I am trying to get interest at Univeristy of Plymouth, how many players can a team have? obviously only 5 on at a time but is there a limit on the numbers overall?