Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ups for ion:

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
Well I have an On/Off on mine, and it makes life so much easier. No more stuck tanks, no more needing to shoot down the gas to remove your tank, and I use mine as a safety seems as I only have a stock board currently - The gun can't fire without gas.

Well worth it IMO.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Alright, thanks for the help. Think I might go for one - Got my Ion today and found it extremely difficult to screw on and then unscrew the tank. Guessing this is quite normal considering the pressure?

Any on/off in particular you recommend? Also, how is it installed? Unscrew the original ASA from the hose up to the reg and screw it in between or..?

Cheers,

-Will

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
Well I'm just basing it off the site Tippmann 98's we use, some of them are a right pain to take the bottles off.

I do however have an A5 which isn't so bad, but that has decent tank threads which aren't all bashed.

I've never tried a stock ION ASA, as when I bought this ION, Suns had already fitted a CP drop and CP OOPS.

I am really happy with the CP OOPS, so I would suggest that - It's very light to turn, looks good and does everything it's ment to.

Robbo22

Jul 10, 2006
Preston, Lancashire
i have on my ion the q lock like yours, i also have a CP sling blade trigger, its and absolutle dream, no side to side play what so ever, can go bloosy fast with it and can also go well with 3 fingers on the trigger, have an Eclipse drop forward on/off, the ones they dotn make anymore, thats a dream, bottles easy to screw on/off and the ion is easier to move around, abotu 2 inches closer i find it much better, i have a 16" all american barrel which is better than imagined, and as for the board, have a stock UK set to 20bps RAMPING:p :p :p QEV will be next and that shoudlk really be it :D

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
UK board has Semi and Ramping.

Cycle through the modes till you get to 'double blink yellow' then increase that as far as it will go.

'Double blink red' will get you back to semi.

Stock board is as setup from the factory will do 15bps.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
UK board has Semi and Ramping.

Cycle through the modes till you get to 'double blink yellow' then increase that as far as it will go.

'Double blink red' will get you back to semi.

Stock board is as setup from the factory will do 15bps.
right, so there are two mode, i get the double blink yellow/red, but im still confused, how can you tell whether your in ramping or semi, do you need to have the marker gased up before you know??

and whats this about increasing? you mean the bps, that the second set of flashy light aint it ( gad damm these ion maybe be simple to look at, but there is nothing like a dip setting to make life easy :p )