Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

USA to UK import tax

automag

Jan 14, 2008
Customs tend to overvalue the shipment when they make the calculation as well.
I guess its a bit of both overvalue a shipment or take the lowest exchange rate on the market to make the largest profit

Last edited:

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
My Guerilla air from states PI tested ,youmust state when ordering .Ithink they come from Malaysia anyhow . Valve was on only postage . LIPS do you buy every Internet purchase from this country?? is your electrical goods all made in UK?? I have bought from UK and abroad ,just like rest of my life .Even the mighty Harley was made in Varese Italy (350and below) . Since the guns paint and items sold by British retailers come from across the globe ,are you saying you can source from across the world but the customer cant? Luddite argument

Dr Fingers

They don't tell me nothin
Feb 1, 2009
Dunedin, New Zealand
My Guerilla air from states PI tested ,youmust state when ordering .Ithink they come from Malaysia anyhow . Valve was on only postage . LIPS do you buy every Internet purchase from this country?? is your electrical goods all made in UK?? I have bought from UK and abroad ,just like rest of my life .Even the mighty Harley was made in Varese Italy (350and below) . Since the guns paint and items sold by British retailers come from across the globe ,are you saying you can source from across the world but the customer cant? Luddite argument
It's hardly a Luddite argument when it is their livelihood. It is a symbiotic relationship between players and traders. LIPS have supported plenty of UK teams with sponsorship deals and support that goes above and beyond. It is only because many players do buy from UK suppliers that they can in turn support teams. Don't see ANS or any of the other overseas suppliers sponsoring UK teams.

Reactions: RST and Dan360

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
So who sponsors our only fully pro team ??John Bull ??Oh no its Uncle Sam !! think before you type

Mudafunka

Apr 26, 2008
South Wales
Cant speak for bulk purchases .But in the past Ive purcased DM10,i4,s clothing tanks ,in all about 10-11 purchases and never paid import tax or vat .All extra ever paid is parcelforce delivery.Im talking head to toe purchases from Ansgear and none of these charges ever .The only Glitch was last Xmas the rotor got held up in customs .

Dr Fingers

They don't tell me nothin
Feb 1, 2009
Dunedin, New Zealand
So who sponsors our only fully pro team ??John Bull ??Oh no its Uncle Sam !! think before you type
Dye, Custompb, Celtic paintballs and Bricket wood. 1 out of 4 from the USA. Is it any wonder that Dye support Nexus when several of the team work for Dye UK? Not sure this supports your point or empahsises the need for UK based support for UK teams. You might know other UK teams who get support direct from the USA or US traders but there aren't nearly as many as those who get their team deals from UK business who rely on our custom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee Tee

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
No, it's Dye. Which is a multi-national company. ANS is not. Lips is not.
Eclipse also sponsor UK and US teams. Wait, they're also multi-national.

Your retaliation to LIPs being a bit miffed at people who buy from a US store (and then complain when it ends up being more expensive than buying from them in the first place, which is besides the point) is "Are all your electicals made in this country?" which can only be defined as pathetic. Not only because where their coffee maker comes from is neither here nor there, but the majority of their stock is also imported. The same goes for ANS. So what point you're trying to put across is beyond me.

All I can suggest is it might be a wise idea thinking before you type, unless you wish to make yourself look like a jackass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan360 and Gee Tee

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
lets all buy from the states, while we are at it, lets buy everything from abroad, lets buy our condoms from china and clean out there stores, british economy will fall, china will grow (literally), and you the people in the UK can carry on moaning about the sh1t economy here, the lack of online paintball stores and parts that make you gun go bling bling.

Dude, you obviously have no business sense in retail, you make it sound like LIPs have it easy, try opening a legit business yourself.