Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Video of RaceGun at -30 Degrees Celcius, and over 20 bps!

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Raceguns good:
-Rechargeable battery
-Halfies
-Better firing mechanism leads to far longer battery life
-Break-beam ACE (anti chop eye)

EBlades good:
-UK support
-LED grip interface

At the end of the day, they will both only shoot as fast as the cocker they are put on and only shoot as well as they have been set up. Try them both and then choose.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
Yo,
i'm going to throw in my 2 cents here, cause in a way i'm already involved.

As i see it from a practical customer stand point, how fast YOU can shoot the gun is all that matters. Personally i can shoot a sprung trigger like the race that Sam Telfer has much faster than i can shoot my Nexus Eblade.
However, that's cause i had Nick T set my e-blade up in such a way that it would be impossible to find trigger bounce, but it slowed the gun down too much. That's why this weekend Flash kindly sorted out the trigger, and it completely rocks now.

Kyle and Sam had my Nexus in the states with them, before Flash changed the trigger setup, so that's why they're saying E-blades shoot slow. I had Sam's gun for that week, and it shot very fast, so fast in fact that it just blended paint, cause it doesn't have an eye. Practically speaking i can shoot Sam's race gun faster, walk the trigger easier etc. but that dosn't mean that it's actually potentiall faster than an e-blade, nor does the answer actually matter.

If there was some way of putting a spring in an E-blade, and fitting a curved double finger trigger (i'm trying to get a worr blade trigger to see if i like that better) perhaps it would be easier to walk the trigger... for me!
Perhaps if somebody programmed the board to pick up shots at a higher rate of fire such as a matrix or a timmy... na that'd be cheating :rolleyes:

And on the topic of who shoots e-blades vs Race guns, i think everyone can agree that one thing Planet does very well is market thier product. They have a reputation for building the best guns on the Planet and they work hard to make sure you are aware of that, so that, like me, when you buy a new gun, you buy an eclipse marker. Marketing is not a dirty word when you have a superior product like the E-blade to back it up.

Perhaps if Race Guns did a little more marketing, they would have the same popularity as the e-blade?

It's hard to not fall for the hype sometimes, when thinking about purchasing a new gun i believe there are seveal things to consider:
1.can i shoot this gun fast (does the eye actually work)
2.how much maintainance do i have to do on it?
3.where can i get it serviced locally?
4.will i look good with this gun ;) ?

For me, (and probably a lot of other eblade users) the answer is
1. i can shoot an eblade fast
2. maintainance is fairly easy
3. i see a tech from planet fairly regularly, so servicing isn't an issue
4. A nexus eblade sure won't make me look bad ;)

That's how i see it anyhow.

Hudson'

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2003
Redhill, Surrey, England
www.cjsparks.com
Well the way i see it is that its different for everyone, some people like magnets some people like springs, me; i prefer the race, i can walk it with allot more ease compared to the many eblades i shot but thats just me. I doubt either one is really faster the the other, its just about what triggers people like.

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Originally posted by Red_Merkin

Kyle and Sam had my Nexus in the states with them, before Flash changed the trigger setup, so that's why they're saying E-blades shoot slow. I had Sam's gun for that week, and it shot very fast, so fast in fact that it just blended paint, cause it doesn't have an eye. Practically speaking i can shoot Sam's race gun faster, walk the trigger easier etc. but that dosn't mean that it's actually potentiall faster than an e-blade, nor does the answer actually matter.
I also know that Both Sam and Kyle used Jacks EBlade for a training weekend and said it was the fastest gun the'd ever shot!

The're saying an EBlade is slow because Shockwave are sponsored by Racegun :p :D ;)

As countless people have said before.. Its down to personal preference. Try em and see :)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Tommy Gun-Nexus
I also know that Both Sam and Kyle used Jacks EBlade for a training weekend and said it was the fastest gun the'd ever shot!

The're saying an EBlade is slow because Shockwave are sponsored by Racegun :p :D ;)
Nah Tommy, that would be the Timmy's that i saw on Effect, Assassins and Lanche. They were the fastest i have ever seen:)

And dont lump me in with Kyle:eek: , i havent said either is faster, if you read my post carefully i actually said that its all swings and roundabouts, depends on the set up, user, and other factors.
:)

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Originally posted by sjt19
Nah Tommy, that would be the Timmy's that i saw on Effect, Assassins and Lanche. They were the fastest i have ever seen:)

And dont lump me in with Kyle:eek: , i havent said either is faster, if you read my post carefully i actually said that its all swings and roundabouts, depends on the set up, user, and other factors.
:)
Ok, fastest semi-auto :eek: :p

And Im not refering to your post :)

P.S. Sos I had to lump u in with Kyle, that was a tad harsh :D :D ;)