Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Violent Crime Reduction Act - does it impact on Paintball?

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
as it as already been said talk to bully,he is the president of the ukpsf,and as been talking with the relivant people about this bill, so if he doesn,t know nobody will

BZNeil

BZ Paintball Supplies
May 17, 2007
www.bzpaintball.co.uk
A reply I got from Steve Bull:

Paintball markers are not classed as air weapons –as per the Home Office information.

As I have said previously, we do not consider paintball markers to be firearms because they fire frangible ammunition which breaks up on contact rather than inflicting a penetrating injury.

The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 will ban the importation, manufacture and sale of realistic imitation firearms. This will mean that the sale of paintball markers designed to look like real firearms will be banned, but those markers which do not resemble genuine firearms will be unaffected. They will not be restricted to sale through registered firearms dealers and nor will transfers be required to be face to face.

When I specifically asked about the RAM type of markers I was told that with a hopper and bottle on they did not look like realistic imitation firearms. I can ask again but there is a new person in charge who I do not know.

Steve

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
we do not consider paintball markers to be firearms because they fire frangible ammunition which breaks up on contact rather than inflicting a penetrating injury.
so where does that leave reballing? they [the reballs] are most definitely not frangible, but neither are they penetrating......

i know we chrono down far lower, and thus the energy/forces involved are altered.....

don't ya just love grey areas....

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
I can give you three answers which are positive for you:

(1) Paintball calibres are approx 6.8 and the biogradable fabric is breakable on contact - not lethal.
(2) It is a grey area in law at the moment - the police don't touch grey areas.
(3) The police will only be interested in air guns/rifles and pistols and its ammunition.

Unless of course they add an act or 2 next year it should not be a problem.

Hope that eases anxieties :)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I can give you three answers which are positive for you:

(1) Paintball calibres are approx 6.8 and the biogradable fabric is breakable on contact - not lethal.
(2) It is a grey area in law at the moment - the police don't touch grey areas.
(3) The police will only be interested in air guns/rifles and pistols and its ammunition.

Unless of course they add an act or 2 next year it should not be a problem.

Hope that eases anxieties :)
Its so hot when chicks know stuff. Especially Cop-Chicks.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
if you confess your crimes, she may just come to your door Missy - in uniform ;)

If we all asked really nicely Shelley could you not do tourneys in like riot gear or something??!!!

only joking. but Missy mightn't be......

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
The reason Airsofters have a defence in law built into the wording of the VCRA is that they campaigned long and hard with the help of Lady Anelay, a Conservative Peer, throughout the whole time the now Act was just a proposal and then a Bill progressing through the House of Commons and then Lords. They campaigned to get a total exemption from the Act, but what they got was 2nd place - a reasonable excuse. But paintball was not represented and so not catered for

I totally agree with BZNeil. We play it safe as responsible paintballers and apply the Airgun Law ourselves to our equipment, just in case. Until a case involving a paintball gun goes to court and a court classifies it an airgun, then it's not. Whether this would be a good or a bad thing for paintball is a matter of opinion.

The RIF side of the VCRA does apply tho. Certainly scenario guns and look-a-likeys. I would agree that the replica type scenario guns DO fall under this Act. Better get out the pink spray paint guys ;)