Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Violent Crime Reduction Act - does it impact on Paintball?

Broni

Jun 4, 2007
As far as I know a different view on Paintball as they are on Airsoft.

For a start most markers don't look anything remotely like a real weapon and Paintball is established as a organized sport..Airsoft however..

In short, Airsoft is getting it in the neck.

uk killer

Aug 8, 2006
Bringham
Yet again our wonderful goverment seeks to keep us all under ever tighter control. 1984 becoming a reality. But rember it's all to protect us. I just have to ask from what ? Fear is a great way of controling the masses. The Church used it for hundards of year. Keep the people scared they do as we tell them. Bloody nanny state.

custard cavalier

Sep 19, 2006
As far as I know a different view on Paintball as they are on Airsoft.

For a start most markers don't look anything remotely like a real weapon and Paintball is established as a organized sport..Airsoft however..

In short, Airsoft is getting it in the neck.
calling paintball a "established sport" is laughable,and if you walked out on the street with a X7 and waved it around they would put holes in you. Airsoft is getting it this round paintball will be next.

we are almost trying to wrap everyone in cotton wool.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
I think some of you are missing the point: The whole reason Airsoft is even mentioned in the VCRA is because Airsofters, realising that the (then proposed) VCRA would encompass their guns, fought long and hard to have provision made for them in the Act. They were represented in govt, every step of the way, at every reading and discussion in the Commons. The reason they are mentioned in the Act isn't the Govt thinking, 'ah lets pick on airsofters' but on the contrary, it was the Airsofters making sure they would be able to continue to play after the Act came into force.
As i said they campaigned for a complete exemption but only got a 'Defence in Law'. This gives them MORE than if they not had provision made for them at all in the Act. Well done the Airsofters.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Here's one way round the Act for paintballers with 'replicas'

MY SCENARIO GUN

Now get your paintbrushes out guys ;)

Oily

Big kid
Jul 30, 2006
Radcliffe,Manchester
The picture Gups posted will not fall under the VCR bill because its been painted in a rather fetching 'flower power' scheme.
This one of mine doesn't fall under the VCR bill believe it or not,i know,as a friend of mine as enquired about all our markers

So if you have a real deal firearm,paint it in a ridiculous manner and your ok,thats how stupid this bill is :rolleyes:

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Re balls

As I have said previously, we do not consider paintball markers to be firearms because they fire frangible ammunition which breaks up on contact rather than inflicting a penetrating injury.

The above is the reply the HO supply everytime I ask about paintball issues but they consider the fact that we operate within current airgun legislation as very responsible and would work in our favour IF an issue ever went to court.

On the reball question this is the reply I had and the reply I have posted on forums in the past

"The reason we do not consider paintball guns to be firearms is that they are designed to fire a frangible projectile which does not penetrate the skin or cause internal injury. A gun firing a solid ball might be capable of penetration or of causing internal injuries. If it is, then it is a firearm and its use in a paintball game would be highly problematic"

A Reball makes the paintball marker a BB type gun (hard pellet) and if it fires above 1 Joule then makes it into a firearm so you could have a problem if it went to court and it is 5 years+ for possession of a firearm.

This is info supplied in the past by the UKPSF but it crops up evey six months or so.

Steve

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site

A Reball makes the paintball marker a BB type gun (hard pellet) and if it fires above 1 Joule then makes it into a firearm so you could have a problem if it went to court and it is 5 years+ for possession of a firearm.

Steve

Don't forget the "up to 2 years per bullet"!

This could mean a potential sentence of 365 years.

Teggy

I like to shoot things...
Sep 8, 2007
Sydney, Australia
hey over here in Australia they are classed as "semi-automatic" firearms so we need gun licenses for them, and they have to be kept in a gun safe along the same lines as a semi-auto rifle or handgun.

Don't worry guys, no matter what they do apart from actually banning paintball altogether you will still end up playing some how.