Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk ons and the like..

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Guys,

Im getting annoyed! My head is hurting from looking at google and websites...

Ok. So here is my problem. Hoping you have a solution.

I want to go paintballing every 2 or 3 weeks to get a bit of experience. I need to find somewhere where I can take my own gear more importantly my own paint. I dont mind paying, what I do mind is paying more than 120 quid for rec paint when I can get my own for less than half price. (2k rounds)

I know these sites need to make money and im happy to help with that. But I cant have that kinda outlay every two weeks.

Am I being nieve or just missing something?

Ive looked at npf and a few others next to me however, they all seem to be marketed towards one day events. I want membership kinda things. Someone help before my head explodes!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hobo_Joe

Enjoying the view...
Oct 30, 2004
London
No site will allow BYO paint on a normal "punter" day. This is how they afford to run. Some sites allow walkons but this is normally once a month for sites.

If you want to play that often find a couple sites that have walk ons on different Sundays

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Was afraid you where gonna say that. Ive got 2000 rounds here... what can I do with them?

Shoot a tree? Lol

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Tell us where you're based and we might be able to suggest walk on sites near you, you only need to be able to get to three for three walk on's a month, do you drive?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
[QUOTE="xanthiax, post: 1522476, member: 37348"Ive looked at npf and a few others next to me however, they all seem to be marketed towards one day events. I want membership kinda things. Someone help before my head explodes![/QUOTE]
By 'one day events' do you mean the standard punter games? These are the primary games that you will find information on on the site websites - the occasional punter is the main customer for paintball sites, as opposed to the regular walkon.

The walkon player is a repeat customer, but is far outnumbered by the punters.
Websites may mention walkons, or memberships

To play more than once a month as a walkon you will most likely need to play at two seperate sites, but the other option is to follow the scenario calendar - but that means travelling.

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38961

In the Birmingham area you will have npf for diamond wars & paintfest, drakelow (real underground tunnels - and I'm the faction leader for the angels!) and north v south should be close enough

BYO paint can be allowed sometimes, this is less common now for main events, (but still at more normal prices), and walkons are probably the main option for BYO paint.

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
As Tom said. I'm in birmingham. Any suggestions would be great. I got a feeling is gonna cost the same as a punter day. I just get a bit more paint?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
As Tom said. I'm in birmingham. Any suggestions would be great. I got a feeling is gonna cost the same as a punter day. I just get a bit more paint?

You can spend less, but tend to just get more paint

At a punter game people tend to max out with 1000 paintballs buying them in 100s or 500 bags, with walkons, events etc you buy by the case.
If you are not going to shoot a lot then share a case with a mate

Punter entry is advertised low, normally a maximum of £10, to get people feet in the door. Walkons will cost more on entry as that is the real entry fee you are paying

Probability is that you will spend the same that you did as a punter, but with more for your money

K.C.

Apr 14, 2014
Dunstable
Walk ons are your best bet like others have said visit two sites with alternate weekends most site charge £25 walk on fee or £50 pre book £55 on the day with a case if 2000 included. I used to do a walk on once or twice a month depending. Also not only are you getting paint at proper prices and a great day paintball the wealth of knowledge and experience at walk ons usually means if you have any questions they will probably know. I am just getting back into paintball after nearly 8 years out and I've found a few places for walk ons already.

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
Ive found one in nottingham. Bit of a trek but will keep looking.

Thanks for the advice