Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wannabe a tech

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
i understand that, i know just about everything about my impy, not that its that complex, still a little unsure in the solenoid, but i'm learnin. blowbacks and low end electro's all work in pretty much the same way and i know them inside out-the joys of working at a rec site eh? never played with a cocker or a mag. but i wanna learn so any help advice is much appreciated.
Hp

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
So you've learnt the impy, so you know angels, bushys, timmys ect.

Now cockers, they are probably the easiest to troubleshoot and repair, look for an online picture of how it works, that will help you.

As for the solenoid, its pretty much just a 3 way off a cocker(but electronic) it works by having a small metal bar with lil o-rings on it, and the bar is pulled my a magent in the solenoid, and push back by a spring when the power is released.

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
i've seen that bit, when i cleaned it, never taken the whole shiz apart tho.

as much as a diagram can show you, i find havin the real thing helps.

so how is a mag diferent? whats the system?

oh, i looked at the shocker a while back, thats a backwards system, dual solenoid....madness.

Hp

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
dude, i'm only 17, been teachin myself like that. but i wanna expand, as in doin it as a bit of work on the side, extra money and shizz, but you van only do that if you been trained 'oficially', e.g. by WDP as an 'official' angel tech.

Hp

Originally posted by Half-Pint
cool man, if you could burn me a copy.......
tho i did hear there was a course for cocker teching at powerball.
PM me your address and I'll see what I can do, there will be an exam related delay, plus I need to find a burner and Cds, I'm sure one of my friends will be able to ablige.

Course at Powerball? Anyone got any details on this as I live near there (when I'm not oop north "studying") and coudl really benefit from actually learning.

Richard

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
As far as the Angel/AIR tech course goes, you really need to be working for a site/shop that puts your name forward to WDP.

And it's a worthwhile thing to do rather than just pulling your marker/air system apart to see how it works, cause you can really screw it up otherwise, leaving you with a broken heart & an expensive doorstop. One of my team decided to pull his AIR apart & thought that he'd best wipe off all the 'unnecessary' grease before he put it back together again :eek: - cue one anguished phonecall to me! :)

If you've got the money, buy up old kit & use that to learn on, trying to refurbish the marker/air system to working condition.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
You wont make any money from foing it, theres plenty of people that kinda sort the problems for nothing, unforyunatly, which is why i fix everything free of charge now, you dont need a certificate to show you can do it, i dont have one.