Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wannabe a tech

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
You say you want to do this for a job...

Here's how you get that particular joy:
1. get one (mag, cocker, whatever. You sound like a kinesthetic learner)
2. get on the websites where people work on them (that Mag owners group, Ravi's homepage)
3. start screwin' around making a mess in your bedroom (got that technique down)
4. offer to help some store with it's overruns (they will need some reason to trust you- I leave that as an exercise for the student)
5. after a few of the gun owners getting hold of your phone number, you will be too busy to sleep. You tell them that fixing their marker the night before the tournament, when they call you at 10 is crossing a line beyond which you need to be paid
6. presto! plenty of cash and no time to play! you win!

Keep your skills as secret as possible. Same with the phone number.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
does anyone have any idea how much the angel tech course costs?
as it is the only 'offical' tech course about id be pritty interested in it, basically coz i like that kinda thing, ok it would prob meen me buying an angel and cube fainting at me buying more markers but its all good!

joolux.//

National Treasure
Nov 12, 2002
SoBirmingham
www.warpedsports.com
mm well I recently took my inferno apart, before selling it (nice one me) and was quite pleased with myself, learning how it works, now it will be sold, and I have to learn how the bloody hell a 'cocker works!

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
aha joolux, you on a cocker know. that should help to stop us getting ripped to **** by opposing team's ROF.

what spec is it?

Albercent

Alb 2k3
Oct 19, 2002
Devon
Visit site
"oh, i looked at the shocker a while back, thats a backwards system, dual solenoid....madness."

damn right ;) loads of wires and tick tick noises. i learnt how a shocker works to a degree where i can now service it myself by just playing about with it, and reading the manual when i really didnt understand, but then manuals are only ever useful to "find out what you did wrong"

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
i understand it well enough, just seems a little backwards, its such a complex idea, suprised they ran with that to be honest, then again, it was the pioneer electro.

Hp

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
hp did you get any details on the wdp tech course? id be interested to find out what it involves and costs etc....
i think your thinking along the same lines as me, id love to get to know more about the tech side of paintball in general and ANY offically recognised course would appeal to me....ive never done more than fire 50 shots off an angel but if there was a chance to get a tech certificate id go buy myself one just to fiddle with!
let me know what you have found out!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Of course sometimes a piece of paper saying you're allowed to do it is essential, especially where markers warranty's are concerned, hence why I'll be travelling out to the states soon to do my AKA tech course :)

Paul
:)