Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Welsh Open Feedback

toecutter

Jan 21, 2003
melton..
Re: My 2 pence

Originally posted by Shuck
Not having a go, just voicing my opinion. The fields were small, but too small..............nah. Teams have to learn to adjust their game plans to take into consideration the field.

I cannot see any reason why teams didn't have 5 guns up on the break, especially with the fields being smaller than usual.

the phrase "nail on the head "comes to mind..:cool:

Darren.Clan

rockin' the corner :}
May 25, 2005
alexandria
www.paintballalexandria.com
i may aswell through in my bit!

i thought that the staurday was an excellent day! esp for us! as a new guy to the tourney scene i was well chuffed to finish 7th for the day and to be put into div A not knowing what to expect esp after having a close game with inferno on the sat!

the friday night was absolutely freezing thats all i can moan about! food was good environment was good! had a drunken nite fri with the furion boys! good lads!!!

the other thing that i thought was gay was when we were having our shandys some fool was playing a gay ass tune in the back ground! nelly or something! god only know but it was gay but we blasted it away!

the fields i thought were ok ! esp ours... or should i say the clans field! thanks guys! (field 4).

the marshalling however on some of the fields was quite bad exsp the diablo field we were hitting people and yelling at the refs and they just didnt take you on or bother to get on a paint check! i hit the guy on the pack that much he had to change cause it was covered in paint! so that wasnt too good as i dont like over kill! but man take your hits!

overall a good tourney to start playing in!

thanks all!
darren
edinburgh keltic
back player.

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
welsh open my 2p

Small Fields- personally some new teams may struggle as size of the fields made the games aggressive from the brake, your back players were suddenly mid player and mids was front.

Some fields did have advantages as they were not equally mirrored , they were sort of twisted also this being the back centre bunkers did affect the game ? howether if you walked the fields you should have picked up on this one and possible adjusted your game plan , we did.

Marshalls , you guys did goo and i actually got one for oned which was a bad call as the player had no hit on him the marshall had the balls to stick to his guns nad not change his decision , but did say he got it wrong and sy sorry , guys no one is perfect untill you have tried to marshall and catch the cheats and playing on stop slating the guys and girls.

Im still in favour of the one for one rule , this is far better than sosters rule , as this can affect the team that cheats at the time they do it , although there should have been a lot more one for ones im suure you will all agree?? on that.

Toilets well i trapped my ass in the split in the seat:eek: but thats PB in it , but i you had of played campaign the players bogs there really stunk bad , i only do my business in there and get out :D

Food great to see SALADS and a better selection of food than just that heart attack crap that follow us about big up for Lisa.

Ramping still some markers looked sus ??

Value for money well the paint ball great value 18 games for £80 thats great. plus you get to see two days of the pro tour which was awsome them guys just rock, big up for the Kelleys great year for them guys ;)

Players party i paid £60.00 for two willy warmers , great for the winter thanks, great night .

Conclusion much better than previous years, next year will be even better.
Thankyou to to everyone involved , one of the best pb weekends for a long time.

Congratulations to all who played , all the winners and runners up , see you all next year

Jud

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
well i had a brilliant lazy weekend!! wasnt playing but spent the whole weekend watching some excellent games on all levels.

the fields....whilst a little cramped i like em nice and fast, as jud already mentioned all but one of them was not mirrored so had slight advantages from one end, tho the sun shining the other way on sunday afternoon played a part too!

the marshalling....on the whole was good, although towards the end of the day sunday, some of them didnt seem to want to move! big up to ant and the field 4 crew who got ref of the weekend award, they were great to watch.

the teams....some great teams playing over the weekend and once the seeding was done pritty much everyone was competing at their own level and all played some great enjoyable games.
well done to all the teams who as far i saw played very sportingly....saw a few checky wipes but no stupidness so its all good in the end.

ramping......well i wasnt reffing but i definatly spotted no less than 3 guns that were most definatly not semi.....this has got to stop guys, stick to the rules set for the tournie before someones insurance gets them in trouble

the charity auction......had a great night there too, got me a nice shirt (shockwave) for much less than i expected and do i need to mention Jud's streak and cook$ then wearing his undies? heheh

great weekend in all that has thrown even more fuel on the fire for me to get back into balling and escape the kitchen for ever (watch this space)

dougie

Clan Army
Mar 29, 2005
scotland
Visit site
Had a great weekend first tourney also,was over the moon with our results on the sat first time all of us had played together as a team and got to div A,couldnt belive it.Got a wakeup call on the sunday but loved it al the same.just makes me more determand to train harder and give back what we were given on the sun.lol
thanks to all and il see ya on the field at some point.
:) :) :D ;)

richquest

TEAM SHOWTIME
Jul 28, 2002
wirral
great time at the welsh open

Love the welsh open, always have and always will.

marshalling on the whole was very good, some calls go your way and some don't.
we don't complain when the other teams are complaining about a bad call happening to them. we agree with the marshalls then don't we.
So lets not give them to much stick, we all no how hard a job it can be.
Ant ,Pika and the rest off the crew on field 4, big up to you guys and girl, you were great through out the two days.

As for the fields we loved them, who cares how big or small they are, thats what walking the fields and game plans are all about.
we had different game plans for both ends off the fields as they varied slightly, worked for us most of the time.

Also thanks to the Wendy and the Angels, you put on a great event, well done.
See you all soon
Rich

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
I would like to take this opportunity to...

thank all for showing appreciation, as ‘Best marshalled field’ at the Welsh Open.
Hope everyone else that attended, enjoyed the wonderful Welsh weather. And the ‘ball

Big up to the other judges on field four! Jo, Ultimate Ant, Ian & Jamie from Uttoxeter Sharks

Well done Fallen Angels for putting on yet another great event.
The bogs were clean and prizes were awesome ;)

Great day, was great fun playing everyone (well almost ;))

Marshalls on field 4 were spot on. Especially Mo who looked more athletic that most of the players.
Plus his Mum makes a damn good curry.

But I cant have been the only one that couldnt stand that DJ.

I just hope he was free and we were paying for that assault on our eardrums.

The-Baron

Really Old School
Sep 17, 2002
Im like Polyfilla I fill cracks
Field Size

Ok field size is one thing an tactics another..But these fields did suit Sponsered teams who can put an awfull lot of paint down on the break i just would have liked to see a Bit of variety..
And its not all sour Grapes our game went such
Got spanked in the first
Dont Panic ended up with No live players at the end of the Game:eek:
The missed start team I cant remember (over too Quick):confused:

And we won the Last 6 games finishing 4th(32 points behind first)
So its not about feild walking or lane shooting...
JUST VARIETY

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Field Size

Originally posted by The-Baron
Ok field size is one thing an tactics another..But these fields did suit Sponsered teams who can put an awfull lot of paint down on the break
Wrong, Inferno Rage and Inferno (Div A 1st and 2nd) used between them a total of 16 boxes of paint.
That works out at less than a hopper full per player per game.
Of course you do need Very Good paint to do that so any hits count and not bounce so many thanks to Fuego and also great thanks to Phoenix for there Chronic 420 we used when the limited amount of Fuego we had left run out.

Russ