Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Welsh Open Feedback

jay_manc

Feb 7, 2005
manchester greater
Visit site
cheers

yes it was our first tourney as a team , all thanks to hard dedicated tranning from the team , and alot of adrenaline hype inbetween games - also thanks to russel helping with most things cheers m8 ,and jud and the rest of extreme for helping us with tranning and ofcourse norther quarter for the best airball fields to known by manchester - dont forgette the fun tuesday nights there fun at manchester indoor , ,cheers guys jason- devastation

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
What an event!!!!!!

From when I arrived on the wednesday morning (yes really:rolleyes: ) to help start from scratch the netting/feild layout and hundreds of other things to when I left on the monday night after packing the event down with the organisers :)

Read most of the posts before this one, people forget that this event is setup from NOTHING, each year, this was my 2nd year that I've setup the event and although everything worked out alot better, it still takes a huge effort from a small group of people to make the whole think work.

So too those people the feilds were too small, adapt your game play, as already stated, had I played (will come to that later) then I would of found the feild sizes great for fast and aggressive game play, instead of the old, shoot out gns for 7minutes and see whos left scenario.

Anyways, from my point of view....

Punk band on the friday night, CLASSIC!!!, for those that could'nt drag themselves out of bed/or did not camp then too bad, but watching a group of lads giving it there all, was one of the more entertaining, night i've had in a while (damm that ash tray smashing must of hurt :D)

Laser quest!!!!!, for those that gave it a go, was a great laugh, well worth the £1 a go to run round like kids with toy guns :p

Event layout, seemed to work real well, with walk ways around the feilds and the netting holding up very well, even though the high winds on the friday put it too the test, since we've all seen netting fail at tournys (round 5 PA for one). Each feild giving a different style of play

Marshalling, well I was the crono judge (guy with blue cast on arm) and only guy with a red sheild #12 on feild 3, from what I saw, bar the stupid "where am i hit" rubbish, all our games on the feild were ahead of time with only i think 2 problems all weekend, which were sorted quickly (one game was started but the crowd yelling instead of head judge), and I forget the other)

Big thanks must go out to all the other marshalls on feild 3 for a enjoyable sat/sunday, and sorry i was a tad hungover for the first few games on the sunday, but i must of got carried away at the players party

Players party- What can I say, from seeing my signed DV8 top going for a MASSIVE! £20 :D twice :confused: to seeing Jud (Man X) doing a run through, at the party in a different manner, to seeing my team mate for the 2nd year in a row, pay the highest price for a top, Howzee m8, less of the Stella, £250 can buy alot of stuff, but its all for a good cause.

One last thing, big well done to Inferno and Inferno Rage over the weekend, to finish 1st and 2nd overall, only saw the games you guys played on my feild, but you played real well, and thats coming from a 1st team DV8 player ;)

Anyways, till next years Welsh open

Don't forget guys, Masters 10man and 3man still to come later this year, so still time to book your teams in and get sorted

G

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
I had a good time but i think that fields 1,2,3, were slightly too small, field 4 was a perfect size, thats why players are saying that field 4 was the best marshalled field, as it was slightly easier. But i thought the Marshalling was good on all the fields, and with the paint i shot just over a box so that was good, but i thought £80 entry for those fields was a bit much as most games were over in 50 seconds. But thanks to all i had a good time, and thanks to all my team mates foe winning Div 2

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
One gripe and one gripe only...

The netting was too low.
I did notice that it was 6m netting but had only been erected to a height of 4m.

I took a shot straight between the eyes just above the bridge of my nose and i was standing in the Pro Tour "pits" at the time. Junior Brown was standing 6 inches away from me and thought that it was the contents of my eyeball that just sprayed all over him when the ball broke.

I truley beleive that 6m netting MUST be made mandatory at all paintball events, whether it is a UK Masters event or a Millennium event and the fact that it was there but not used to its full potential is a bit disconcerting.

It may cost more but that is nothing comapred to someones sight.

On a lighter note.

Well done to Wendy and the team, the marshalls and the teams for what was a very enjoyable event.

Jeff :)

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Originally posted by jeff
One gripe and one gripe only...

The netting was too low.
I did notice that it was 6m netting but had only been erected to a height of 4m.

I truley beleive that 6m netting MUST be made mandatory at all paintball events, whether it is a UK Masters event or a Millennium event and the fact that it was there but not used to its full potential is a bit disconcerting.

It may cost more but that is nothing comapred to someones sight.
Both very true and I'll back you on that, although when you compare to other UK events were the nettings hights alot lower and of the VERY poor quality green netting, where as at the Welsh Open this year, the netting was BRAND NEW! and was so thick, it was hard to see through :D

After the winds on friday, and after all the extra supports that had to be placed in to keep the netting up, had it being of a hight of 6m instead of the 4/5m the netting would of simply blown away since it was kicking up a storm thursday and friday :eek: and was even bending the poles!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the cost, nettings already there and thats the main cost, but when think the events put up from scratch and doesnt have 160teams+ then you must draw the line at somepoint i would think, since already the netting was at a huge standard beter than normal UK events (how many holes in netting do you see at normal uk events.....answer? loads)

G

yatesy

kiss my face
my only grumble was that the fields were not symetrical at all field 1 and 4 being the best examples, it was obvious they were noticebly different just from looking at the start gate and i would say that it did give advantages to teams depending on what end they got especially field 1.