Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What Barrel You Use?

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Definately non ported length matters, particularly when dealing with low pressure. My Shocker taught me that. I started with its standard 14" AA, which used a messload of gas, requiring me to crank up my input pressure about to the 200 psi limit of the solenoids. I could only get about 800 shots off of a 114/3K tank. When I got my CP 14", it immediately lowered input pressure required to about 170 psi and I got at or over 1000 shots per tank. Number one issue was that it had over 8 non ported inches and not too much after that. Number two issue was that it was straight bore instead of stepped, meaning that gas was going directly towards pushing the ball down the barrel and not around it. I completely stopped using my AA barrel, traded it for a 9v conversion and some paint. To this day I don't know why they even make the stupid AA things anymore.

Such is the case with other guns, though not always to such a drastic extent. They still get lower input pressure and much more shots per tank fill, but such is more critical an issue with the Shocker, also noticeable with the BM2K. Currently I use BOA snakebite, Armson 2 piece, and S/M barrels on my Cocker, probably soon to get a Rekka.

Rob

Forbidden Impulse
Jul 14, 2001
Poole, UK.
Visit site
Originally posted by KillerOnion
Definately non ported length matters, particularly when dealing with low pressure. My Shocker taught me that. I started with its standard 14" AA, which used a messload of gas, requiring me to crank up my input pressure about to the 200 psi limit of the solenoids. I could only get about 800 shots off of a 114/3K tank. When I got my CP 14", it immediately lowered input pressure required to about 170 psi and I got at or over 1000 shots per tank. Number one issue was that it had over 8 non ported inches and not too much after that. Number two issue was that it was straight bore instead of stepped, meaning that gas was going directly towards pushing the ball down the barrel and not around it. I completely stopped using my AA barrel, traded it for a 9v conversion and some paint. To this day I don't know why they even make the stupid AA things anymore.

Such is the case with other guns, though not always to such a drastic extent. They still get lower input pressure and much more shots per tank fill, but such is more critical an issue with the Shocker, also noticeable with the BM2K. Currently I use BOA snakebite, Armson 2 piece, and S/M barrels on my Cocker, probably soon to get a Rekka.
I like AA's myself... but on a gas hog like the shocker they're probably not the best choice.

Wanna buy an armson stealth 13" barrel for you cocker? Ive got a brand new one kicking around and no cocker to use it on :).

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Well...

I still tend to use a 16" AA on my Shocker, but mainly because I run it on CO2 and with CO2 you can carry a lot on the field. However, I was using an Armson 13" for a log time and I have a 12" Teardrop for Sup' Air.

On my Bush2k I tend to use a 12" J&J Full Tilt (2 piece) although I intend to ask CP for a couple of their single piece barrels at some point for paint that is smaller and larger than the J&J can cope with.

My cocker uses just about anything, although the one piece J&J Ceramic is a very nice barrel (lots of acceleration bore, minimal porting on the 14" version) for woodland and the 12" stainless steel "Bud U Like" works a treat on Sup' Air.

I was toying with the idea of going for a Freak system, but I don't like the Teardrop tip section that much and the acceleration bore is only about 4 - 5 inches long. Since it will be used pretty much exclusively on my Bush2k, I want something that is going to make the most efficient use of my air as possible. It looks like the CP single piece is the one. A shame SP doesn't do a longer back section for the Freak and a less ported tip section.

Wookie

def-dad

Jul 26, 2001
Delaware, Ohio USA
Visit site
Got to love the Lapcos. Also like the Dye SS or Alum in 10 in size. not much porting but still more than the Lapcos. My only concern is it seems a lot of the paint is coming out smaller, especially Diablo. I use to shoot Blaze through a BigShot but the last time I bought some it was too small for the AutoSpirit. Than means around .685 or less. Anybody less notice this or was it just that case?

crashdeamon

Jul 26, 2001
TEXAS
Visit site
uhh lapcos to noisy i love my otp 14 inch on my cocker its quiet and cleans out sorta nice ( not like a dye) plus it has a slip kit which is liek the freak system but better imo
yah dig

QuikSilver

Go with the Custom Products barrels. I'm going to run a 10 inch set of 3. I've used them, along with many other barrels such as dye lapco etc... But they (CPs) have worked the best for me, very light, low porting yet very quiet, and efficient.