Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What Barrel You Use?

def-dad

Jul 26, 2001
Delaware, Ohio USA
Visit site
I still say go Lapco, unless you play a lot of woods and fancy yer self a sniper. Aluminum BigShot and AutoSpirit from G3 shipped for $100 is a heck of a deal. May cost a little more to ship overseas but still a good buy on a very good barrel.

QuikSilver

Sounds more like a rumor/assumption... First it makes no sense as to why it would clean out faster than any other single bored barrel. As long as the paint to barrel match is tight the paint will clear out just as fast with any other barrel. That is unless the barrel has some large gash or scratch, but a rare occasion.

Rob

Forbidden Impulse
Jul 14, 2001
Poole, UK.
Visit site
"its known"

ie. some guy (probably the guy standing behind a dye trade stand) told you this and you just believed it.

Having DYE stamped all over a barrel doesnt make it special. Got that?

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
And there's me..

Thinking that the J&J Ceramic ones cleared out the quickest after a break, what with having almost no porting and being lined with PTFE type stuff.

Certainly after a break in one of those, the balls would stop hooking after about two shots.

Then again, you'd expect a barrel with lots and lots of porting to shoot through well. Or have I got that the wrong way round?

Wookie

Rob

Forbidden Impulse
Jul 14, 2001
Poole, UK.
Visit site
And there's me..

Originally posted by Wookie

Then again, you'd expect a barrel with lots and lots of porting to shoot through well. Or have I got that the wrong way round?

Wookie

More ports equals more places for the paint to get stuck...

Then again it could also give the paint more ways out of the barrel...

In short... i don't really know :).

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Nor me...

I suppose I should do some testing at some point, but the idea of deliberately breaking paint in a barrel really disturbs me.

Still, I know for a fact that cleaning out a Teardrop is a grade A ******* and trying to shoot through it is nigh on impossible.

Wookie

Rob

Forbidden Impulse
Jul 14, 2001
Poole, UK.
Visit site
Nor me...

Originally posted by Wookie
I suppose I should do some testing at some point, but the idea of deliberately breaking paint in a barrel really disturbs me.

Still, I know for a fact that cleaning out a Teardrop is a grade A ******* and trying to shoot through it is nigh on impossible.

Wookie
Testing? Since when has testing ever helped anyone? Wild speculation is what the people WANT. Sad but true. :)

Thinking about it, people probably THINK DYE Boomsticks clean out quicker cos of the larger bore of the front section... they may well shoot better after a break cos of this, after all more space around the ball would decrease the effect of paint in the barrel on the balls flight. They dont CLEAN OUT any better... the paints still in there. They just handle that paint a little better cos of the two step bore.

Again, wild speculation. Just givin the people what they crave ;).