The Home Of European Paintball

what happened to my reply 2 a post MR MODERATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick@skirmish

Jul 15, 2001
robin hood country
Visit site
:( U guys told me off for trying to contact a person regarding a tournament at ours on the 23rd june, I replied 2 state why, & u delited the entire post. Who r u GOD ?

If this is your attitude & u guys just want 2 play god, Then sod the tourney player, U run tourneys I'm of back to my rental customer. Less work Less hours & more money.

This is the only forum I have 2 contact people 2 make sure events that I run are succesfull.

If this post is deleted, I will be making phone calls tomorrow & lets see what will happen! If u have a problem ring me 07710 426704:(

P.S. I need my original post putting back up please.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Actually

Nick
I left that post up for a number of hours despite a request it be removed. (And no, you didn't talk to me. I ain't God, just your humble mod and the guy everybody loves to hate. :) )
As you, and others, have noticed an effort is underway to clear up forum use for its intended purpose. As far as I am aware you are welcome to post whatever you like as long as it's in an appropriate place. Notices and Announcements more appropriately belong in Announcements Forum. Once folks get used to this new level of rules enforcement I'm sure it won't be a problem for anyone and interested players will know where to check for info.
If you're uncertain where a post belongs just post it and if it needs to be moved it will be--but with notification remaining in its original thread for users convenience.

Nick@skirmish

Jul 15, 2001
robin hood country
Visit site
Thank u for your comments.

How ever I was not aware it had to be moved & I desperatly need to get hold of these blokes at the MM to sort out next weeks tourney. Put my posting back on now or explain to 32 plus teams why they are not playing on the 23rd of june.

Every body looks at the tourney page for info, I strongley agree with u on the point there is too much chit chat on these boards,

But check your records I am not one of these people and I only post stuff that needs to be read for the good of paintball in the UK

I havent got phil's number & he just sends emails, which I have replyed to, but havent got an answer.

Me thinks a couple of postings telling people of what you are going to do, with a time scale in place is a better idea than changing the goalposts half way through a match.

I NEED 2 GET HOLD OF THESE PEOPLE WHICH IS WHY I PUT UP THE POSTING. NOT TO HAVE A GENERAL CHIT CHAT
it is purely relating to a tourney at ours on sunday 23rd june, so logic tells me put it in the tournament section.

better still ....................U get hold of these people for me. as you now where to look and have told everbody else where to look for the information that they need.

Put my posting back on..u know it makes sense, I don't want to talk about food,drink,women or cars just a tourney.

any body else reading this, who knows phil, get him to ring me urgently..:(

PS I have searched for my message but can not fing it anywere.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Gonna have to

re-post it, Nick.
Whatever happens to deleted posts or threads far as I know they can't be recovered.
And as I'm not even in the UK nor have more that the vaguest clue who all you're talking about there's little else I can do.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Surely it makes sense that anything that relates to Tournies stays in the Tournament forum... even if it is an announcement or querie? That just seems obvious because the number one thing is that it relates to tournaments. If People come to p8ntballer to get information on tournaments here is where they will look, they will not think to to look for 'announcements' :rolleyes:

The announcements and queries forum should be for those such things that need to be announced or question but don't have an easily specified forum for them.

Most tourny people don't bother checking the announcmenst forums for stuff relating to them. They are tounry players and therefore first check the tourny forum...

I agree with Nick's logic and don't see why the mods want to move threads that relate to tournaments but could be viewed as announcements/queries as well... is it just because they are itching to use that button? I don't personally think it is for the good of the board or the community at all.

my 0.02$

manike

P'D Off

P'd Off with everything!
Sep 6, 2001
In my bedroom
Visit site
Baca, answer me these questions :-

Where are you from ?

What percentage of readers of this forum are from the UK ?

How come that you didnt know that Nick is referring to the guys from the Midland Masters "tournament " League.

As a so called moderator of this forum, I and many others would have thought that you should have known that.

It seems that you are more interested in deleting / redirecting postings than reading them. I am sure that this one will be next.

P'D Off

P S I shall be counting the amount of time this posting stays up in seconds rather than minutes !!!

P P S Who the hell decides who is a moderator ? Bring back Robbo.

P P P S Baca, maybe your signature shouldn't be "kicking the f out of fun" , but "kicking the s41t out of paintballers "

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
C'mon guys - get a grip. The Mod's have been asked to tighten up on the stuff that is posted here, and so they are. If you have big problems with this then email the "Head Guy" and complain.

Personally I like what they are doing - a lot of the postings that have been in the tourney section were better suited for the announcement (or other) areas ... basically they were crap, and in the wrong place. It got to the stage where I was beginning to just ignore the Tourney thread's 'cause there was nothing interesting in there ....

Just my humble opinion from the other side of the world.

Martin

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Nick, P'd Of...

Baca has tha full mandate of the guys at PGI/P8ntballer so cut him some slack. Both of you are giving attitude like there's no tomorrow...remember, this is a FREE service we provide, it ain't a God-given right, and if we ask nicely that things are done in a certain way then it would be courteous, as guests on our FORUM (note, forum, not message board), to do as we say. If you want to use the board to contact someone or announce something then you know where...people will get used to tha system quickly enough.

I ain't gonna argue about this; remember, this is a (mostly) beningn dictatorship, not a democracy. It cost a fair amount of money to run this site, and we all we ask of tha people who patronize it is to follow a few rules.

Thanks for listening.

peace

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Mod Wars episode VI: Return of the Buddha

Hey Nick,

I haven't read your original post, the one that started all this, but I know that in the tournament section there has been a lot of things like 'hey Johnny, give us a buzz mate!'. I'm sure you'll agree that looks like it is hardly tourney related.
I think I can speak for all of the mods when I say that we do not question your motives for putting up that post. When you say that you need to contact that guy urgently, then I believe you 100%. But if the post is unclear about the reasons you're trying to get in touch with him (keep in mind I have not seen the original post), than how are we supposed to know it's tournament related?
I agree that trying to get in touch with people, or trying to find extra players does shouldn't be in the tournament section. And perhaps the reason you were trying to contact the person is so tournament related that perhaps it wouldn't have been out of place in that forum, but 'allowing' it to stick around, while others have been removed/redirected would be using double standards on our part.
I think you'll find that when you talk to us that we are actually reasonable people. Except ofcourse when people are being unreasonable to us, right P'd Off? Your post still seems to be here, so I guess you owe Baca one hell of an apology.

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Hey Bud- I just wanted to say in Nick's defense, that he did post in his thread why he needed to speak to that individual urgently and it was tournament related. A lot of threads have been moved that are tournament related recently, so I can see where the gripes are coming from. Just wanted to say what I have witnessed recently. Not trying to cause any trouble. This is your section now not mine anymore, so I stay out of it. Nothing but love for my fellow mods.

Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.