what happened to my reply 2 a post MR MODERATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Okay, that's why I mentioned that I have not seen the original post.
But I still feel that P'D off should do some major groveling for being such a tw*t.
Lets face it. P'd off is someone else who posts on this forum who an't happy. What is lamer then the mods deleting posts? Someone that hides behind a temporary handle while they slag all and sundry off.

I rarely use the torny forum, as i an't a torny player untill sept. But as TJ said, we don't pay for this service, and unless you guys wanna start paying for this like another PB forum i can mention, i suggest you lose the attitude and stick to the rules.

I personally believe the mods do a good job, i doubt they get paid anything for doing it. I an;t just saying this to stuck up, cuz i've been in a number of threads that have been deleted/closed because there were irrevelent.

Da law is da law! :D

-Midge

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Hey Fista,

I forgot where we were supposed to send you that money we promised. Could you let us know again? :D

Serioulsy though, thanks man.
Cheers budda, depositing it in my swiss bank account should be fine..... Muhahahaahahah (evil d00d in bond films kinda laugh)..

Nps..

-Midge

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by MidgetFista
But as TJ said, we don't pay for this service
Want to bet? We may not pay for it directly but we do when we buy the magazine or a subscription or look at the adverts etc. Ultimately that is being paid for by us and the company advertising etc. and that gets passed onto us inthe cost of products etc.

It may not be a direct cost to your wallet but do not be blinded from the business motivations behind such boards as this. You think those adverts above are put up by the goodness of p8ntballers hearts? :rolleyes:

Do you think the cost of such adverts is not added to the cost of any products we buy?

Oh to look at the world from such innocent eyes again :) :D

Don't get me wrong, I do greatly appreciate the service provided here and especially since the general cost is being distributed over a huge number who are not taking as much advantage of it as I am :D

manike

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
Get ya petrol lighter out........

Originally posted by manike

<snip>
It may not be a direct cost to your wallet but do not be blinded from the business motivations behind such boards as this. You think those adverts above are put up by the goodness of p8ntballers hearts? :rolleyes:
<snip>
I see your point, but to look at it on such a large scale is quite petty. The products we buy DO pay for the adverts that DO help out the site with money. But be honest manike.... How often have u clicked on that dammed BOOMSTICK banner... once, if that. Going on standard payment for web banner your looking at about 0.7c per click, and those banners get clicked once MAX by each member.

So. going on the math’s that there is 5 banners clicked, totaling to 3.5c per member (2726 of to date) = 9541c = $95.41

BIG WHOOP! That would pay for a few months hosting (quite allot of MB used on this site I’d say).

Also, u say buying PGI contributes. For less then £3 a month, after paying wages etc (of which most people that read it don't buy it, if that other thread is to be believed)... how much do you think gets pumped into the website? I'd wager very little!

I wouldn't say these eyes are quite so innocent.

But all that aside. We don't pay "DIRECTLY" for this forum, paintballdojo.com i believe does charge, and you'd pretty much find the same degree of tossers and "bent mods" (oooo ducky :D) on there (allot more yanks too!!! :D)

Wise up, this forum is a MASSIVE asset to the UK 'ballin scene, and i for one would have ALOT less knowledge as far as paintballing and lego men are concerned (thx guppy :D). Not to mention alot less 2nd hand kit :)

Also, don't get me wrong manike, this was not a flame against you, its directed at the people that over the past few months who have been quite outspoken over the past about how these forums are ran.

On another note.. WTF!!! A serious post from me?

-MIDGE!!!! Rahhh!

PS. Anyone else noticed the large amount of PAINTBALLER12874618237678126387XXX joining up recently! Becomes very confusing :D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Get ya petrol lighter out........

Originally posted by MidgetFista
paintballdojo.com i believe does charge, and you'd pretty much find the same degree of tossers and "bent mods" (oooo ducky :D) on there (allot more yanks too!!! :D)
they don't charge anymore. They pissed off too many people with that and the people did vote with their keyboards and went elsewhere.

It is now a small remnant of what it once was.

People can and will vote with their keyboards if they aren't happy with what they are getting.

manike

Status
Not open for further replies.