Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what marker next ?

bigpete

Aug 14, 2005
Visit site
i might get a new marker but i dont know what to get ? ive had a pirhana pro ts g3, smart parts impulse, angel LED and an angel IR3 , any suggestions ?

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
ego all the way

sorry mate but angels compared to egos are like linford christie to my grandma. get an ego ther rip the ****e out of anything you will come across

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
ego all the way

Originally posted by Andy Steele
sorry mate but angels compared to egos are like linford christie to my grandma. get an ego ther rip the ****e out of anything you will come across
I've had/got both and I am afraid you are talking poo. Both are great guns, Ego lighter but needs more maintenance. Angel (anything from A4 Fly onwards) is slightly heavier but needs NOTHING doing to them week in week out.

Usual rules apply, try both and see which one you prefer. I marginally prefer the Angel's myself but that's personal preference (because I am lazy and can't be bothered to lude regs etc).

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Well your grandma must run like lightening. As the current angels are easily superior to the ego. Far better build quality, work straight from the box without upgrades, equally as fast, if not faster. Greater resistance to misuse, and lower maintenance.
Immense tech backup, from every corner of the world that paintball is played, and a proven design that owes nothing to any marker design.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
i dont think angels are far better built. not saying they are built badly but whats badly made on an ego? id say equally well built high end guns

i dont think angels eyes are as good as egos in my experience.

work straight from the box without upgrades? yes an ego does that too and comes with an on/off asa which an angel doesnt!! so the angel doesnt work from teh box without extra money spent.

my experience with angels recently has been whenever they break paint (alarmingly often) they shut down which requires dismantling of the eyes. any breaks ive had in an ego havent adversely affected the eyes to the point of needing to strip and clean.

wrt maintenance granted the angel is easier less time coinsuming but youve gotta be a muppet to not bea able to maintain an ego in less than 15minutes.

angels are reknowned for kick hence newton valve
egos dont kick much stock, even better when broken in and set up correctly

in summary:

lighter, smaller profile 2 tube > 3 tube
just as fast (31bps whatever)
beter more adjustable trigger, choice of triggers, magnet strength adjustable.
better eyes
less harsh on paint
cheaper by a country mile (g7 £1000 stock ego £799)
better software
last edit i promise* COCKER THREADS

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
haha i played against some guys on sunday who had angels and am sorry they didnt do that well, a guy tried a run throught and must have got about 8 balls out of it from his end to ours so am sorry but i had to plaster the c*?t so am sorry but they cant shoot that fast

it might be down to that fact he couldnt move his finger whilst running because he wer gettin about 9 a second when he wer at the back.

so in my opinion id get an ego as the are just the better marker.

angel are clearly (by the comments made) for lazy f?!ckers

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by Lovetone

in summary:

lighter, smaller profile 2 tube > 3 tube
just as fast (31bps whatever)
beter more adjustable trigger, choice of triggers, magnet strength adjustable.
better eyes
less harsh on paint
cheaper by a country mile (g7 £1000 stock ego £799)
better software
Lighter - ok that's one for you.

Just as fast - evens.

better more adjustable trigger - speed 06 has this, evens.

better eyes - i can't believe you've said that, wake up. I'm not even marking this one, until someone pinches you.

less hard on paint - this is dreamland, one for me.

cheaper - speed 06 will be cheaper. Ego doesn't come near the spec of the G7. Two to me.

Better software - after several revisions to cure the original shortcomings, still no better. Evens.

Count them up...........
;) :p